Tie up your skates and jump on the ice during a range of drop-in hockey sessions.
Different ways to enjoy hockey
Public skating – Everyone is welcome for public skating sessions. Regular admission rates apply and skate rental fees are applicable. We recommend all participants dress appropriately. Our “game zone" is set up for shinny hockey. Plastic sticks and pucks are provided. Complimentary helmets are strongly recommended and are required for anyone 18 years and younger in the “game zone".
General drop-in sessions – A competitive but friendly fast-paced session open for all hockey lovers looking for some ice time. Open to both novice and experienced players alike.
Women and old-timers – This session is designed for a less competitive pace of play. ‘Old-timers' must be 35+ years based on CARHA standards. Level of play is to be representative of a novice level. Not recommended for "A" or “Rec" division hockey players.
55+– This session is designed for seniors (55 years and older) and women who are looking for a slower pace of play. Novice players (50 years and older) are also welcome. Aggressive play will not be tolerated. Full hockey equipment required.
The ice rink is located at Meadow Park Sports Centre 8625 on Highway 99, Whistler.
It is a NHL-sized arena, that is used by local skating leagues, skate clubs, skating development programs, as well as available to the public during drop-in sessions.
How to join
- All participants must pay and sign in at the front desk before entering the arena.
- Sessions are not supervised but random checks are made to ensure levels of play and payment are met.
- Minimum age requirement is 16 years old.
- Parents must complete a waiver for players between the ages of 16-18 years inclusive. This waiver is kept on file until player reaches 19 years of age.
Drop-in hockey rules
- Maximum 24 players and 2 goaltenders per session.
- Full hockey equipment is mandatory including a CSA approved helmet.
- No body contact is allowed.
- Aggressive play will not be tolerated.