Tie up your skates and jump on the ice during a range of drop-in hockey sessions.
Arena programming is paused for now
Public skating – Everyone is welcome for public skating sessions. Regular admission rates apply and skate rental fees are applicable. We recommend all participants dress appropriately. Our “game zone" is set up for shinny hockey. Plastic sticks and pucks are provided. Complimentary helmets are strongly recommended and are required for anyone 18 years and younger in the “game zone".
General drop-in hockey – A competitive but friendly fast-paced session open for all hockey lovers looking for some ice time. Open to both novice and experienced players alike.
Women and old-timers – This session is designed for a less competitive pace of play. ‘Old-timers' must be 35+ years based on CARHA standards. Level of play is to be representative of a novice level. Not recommended for "A" or “Rec" division hockey players.
55+ – This session is designed for seniors (55 years and older) and women who are looking for a slower pace of play. Novice players (50 years and older) are also welcome. Aggressive play will not be tolerated. Full hockey equipment required.
Family stick & puck – This session is designed for adults to accompany their children/youth in a non-contact environment. Participants 18 years and younger require full equipment and an adult must be on the ice with them. Adults must wear skates, a helmet, and gloves. One adult can accompany up to a maximum of three children/youth. No goalies are permitted. Make sure to bring your own stick and puck!
Adult stick & puck - This session is designed to work on your skating skills in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. All participants must wear a helmet and gloves. Bring your own stick and puck! No goalies, scrimmages, slap shots, or formal instructions. Participants must be at least 19 years of age. This session is designed to be slower paced. Please be respectful of all players.
The ice rink is located at Meadow Park Sports Centre 8625 on Highway 99, Whistler.
It is a NHL-sized arena, that is used by local skating leagues, skate clubs, skating development programs, as well as available to the public during drop-in sessions.
Drop-in hockey rules
- Maximum 24 players and 2 goaltenders per session.
- All participants must pay and sign in at the front desk before entering the arena.
- Sessions are not supervised but random checks are made to ensure levels of play and payment are met.
- Minimum age requirement is 16 years old. Parents must complete a waiver for players between the ages of 16-18 years inclusive. This waiver is kept on file until player reaches 19 years of age.
- Full hockey equipment is mandatory including a CSA approved helmet.
- No body contact is allowed.
- Aggressive play will not be tolerated.