Tie up your skates and jump on the ice during a range of drop-in hockey sessions.
Drop-in hockey programming
Drop-In Hockey – A competitive but friendly fast-paced session for all hockey lovers looking for some ice time. Open to both novice and experienced players alike.
Women & Old-timer’s Drop-In Hockey – This session is designed for a less competitive pace of play. ‘Old-timers’ must be 35+ years based on CARHA standards. Level of play is to be representative of a novice level. Not recommended for “A” or “Rec” division hockey players.
Women & 50+ Drop-In Hockey – This session is designed for seniors (50 years and older) and women who are looking for a slower pace of play. Novice players (45 years and older) are also welcome. Aggressive play will not be tolerated. Full hockey equipment required.
Book your drop-in hockey session
Book your drop-in hockey session up to 72 hours in advance, online through your Xplor Recreation account, or by phone (604-935-7529) during operating hours.
12-hour cancellation policy in effect
Reservations can be cancelled without penalty, up to 12-hours before your timeslot by emailing email@example.com or calling 604-935-PLAY (7529) and leaving a message.
**Please note that you cannot cancel bookings online**
No-shows or cancellations within 12 hours – You will be charged for your missed visit:
- Drop-in admissions will not be refunded
- Drop-in hockey passes: A punch will be taken off of your pass (as if you had visited the facility)
- Passes will be frozen until all fees are collected
- Guests who repeatedly no-show or cancel inside of 12 hours could lose their booking privileges and temporary access to the facility
Illness: Guests who cancel due to illness will not be charged a cancellation fee, but for precautionary reasons, all upcoming bookings will be cancelled as long as symptoms persist.
Drop-in hockey rules
- Maximum 24 players and 2 goalies per session.
- All participants must pre-register, and pay admission or scan a valid hockey pass, prior to attending a session.
- All participants must sign-in at the front desk before entering the arena, no more than 45 minutes before the start of the session.
- Sessions are not supervised but random checks are made to ensure accurate attendance and an appropriate level of play; aggressive conduct will not be tolerated.
- Minimum age requirement is 16 years old. Parents must complete a parental consent form for players between the ages of 16-18 years inclusive. This consent form is kept on file until player reaches 19 years of age.
- Full hockey equipment is mandatory including a CSA approved helmet.
- Body contact is not permitted.
Co-ed spring hockey league
The Spring League is on hold for 2023, Check back for 2024 updates.
This co-ed recreational hockey program is designed for those who haven’t had enough hockey this season. Register under your category and we’ll create the teams. Each team will play one 1.25 hour game per session. Emphasis is on fun! More advanced players are encouraged to attend drop-in hockey sessions.
Age: 18 years and up
- Oldtimer (35+)
Register through your Xplor Recreation account or call 604-935-PLAY (7529).
PAR-Q+ participant questionnaire
The Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q+) will tell you whether it is necessary for you to seek further advice from a doctor or qualified exercise professional prior to engaging in physical activity.
The ice rink is located at Meadow Park Sports Centre 8625 on Highway 99, Whistler.
It is a NHL-sized arena, that is used by local skating leagues, skate clubs, skating development programs, as well as available to the public during drop-in sessions.
Arena maintenance closures
In effort to keep the facility safe and operable for all to enjoy, the arena may close for scheduled maintenance. Visit whistler.ca/notices for all facility update and closure information.
Other arena programming available
- Adult and family stick & puck – whistler.ca/stickandpuck
- Public skate – whistler.ca/skate