Reach your fitness goals by joining the range of fitness classes on offer at Meadow Park Sports Centre. Choose from three types of fitness classes to fit your schedule and reach your goals: included, 'flexible registration' (flex-reg) and registered.
Included fitness classes
Whether you are looking for something fast-paced, intense, fun or mellow, the array of fitness classes on offer means there is something for everyone. View upcoming included fitness classes.
Sign-up for included fitness classes
Sign-up easily in-person at Meadow Park Sports Centre before your class. Class registration opens 30 minutes before the scheduled class start time.
These group classes are included with your price of admission to the Meadow Park Sports Centre.
- 20/20/20 – 20 minutes of Cardio, 20 minutes of strength exercises and 20 minutes of core and stretching. Every week will be slightly different from the last so you will be constantly challenged and will experience gains when you come back each week.
- Aqua fit strength circuit shallow – Stay cool while getting your heart pumping in the water. Join us for a fun intense shallow water Aqua Fit class that incorporates different training methods such as interval training, strength and stretching in the water.
- Aqua Fit DEEP – This class is a low impact aerobic workout to boost training volume and is a great options for people returning to training after an injury.
- Boot camp – This class brings the traditional outdoor workout inside the gym. Come ready to get sweaty with military style drills, body weight exercises, cardio intervals and strength training in a fun group setting.
- Box Fit – Skip, jump, punch, swerve, push-up and box your way to fitness. Join this class for a sweaty workout that will include drills straight from the boxing gym.
- Circuit – This class is a circuit workout designed for your whole body, including innovative strength exercises alternating with cardio power surges, balance work and core. Finish off with a full body stretch and relaxation session.
- Low impact circuit – Move to music from station to station with the goal of increased aerobic capacity, strength, balance and coordination while socializing with your peers. This class is suitable for seniors and those returning to exercise from injury.
- Mind & Body Stretch – End your hectic day with slow paced movements and stretches that are easy on the body and the brain. If you’re looking for a class that will loosen your muscles and mind in a non-competitive environment, then this one is for you.
- Revive, stretch and roll – Train hard, recover harder. This class is for all levels focusing on mobility, core strength, flexibility and functional movement patterns. In class we'll open up the hips, lower back, hamstrings, calves, shoulders, back, and most importantly get your abs and hips firing to support all this great movement.
- Strong hiit –Using only their body weight, students work out in sync to music that's been reverse-engineered to match every move. STRONG by Zumba is not dancing; it’s feeling the beat instead of counting the reps to push students past their perceived limits into a whole new level of intensity.
- Stretch & restore yoga – This style of yoga complements an active lifestyle, both on the physical and mental levels. Gentle flow, stretch and restorative postures work with the nervous system, thus affecting muscles, connective tissues and organs, with a goal of happiness and wellbeing. This practice is also an opportunity for meditation.
- Sweat, strength and stability (S3): Wake up your morning with this group workout featuring three-minute intervals of cardio, strength and stability exercises. S3 is a complete conditioning package using your bodyweight. dumbbells, medicine balls and agility equipment. Suitable and fun for all fitness levels.
- Total body conditioning (TBC) – A terrific body sculpting experience thatis open to all fitness levels. This body-toning and shaping class uses free weights, body bars, balls, bands, and steps to work all the major muscle groups through resistance training.
- TRX Mixer – A strength-focused, high-intensity interval circuit session. This is a circuit style class including TRX and whatever other equipment the instructor chooses.
- Zumba – This class is exhilarating, effective, and easy-to-follow. Latin-inspired, calorie-burning dance fitness-party. No dance experience required.
Flexible registration fitness classes
'Flex-reg' classes have a seperate fee and allow you to register for classes on the days that fit your schedule.
- Sign-up for 'flex-reg' fitness classes
Call 604-935-PLAY (7529) or register in person at Meadow Park Sports Centre.
- View available flex reg fitness classes.
Registered fitness classes
Registered fitness classes have a seperate fee and a defined start and end date. Pre-registration is required for the entire set of classes.
- Sign-up for registered fitness classes
Already have an online account? Log-in, browse and register for available classes. Don't have an account? Call 604-935-PLAY (7529) or register in person at Meadow Park Sports Centre.
- View available registered fitness classes
Fitness class discounts
Non-peak rates and registration discounts help you to access recreation programs and services and meet your fitness goals!
To ensure quality experience and out of respect to your fellow classmates and instructors, participants are expected to arrive five minutes prior to class starting. Instructors close and lock door at the beginning of class.
This guarantees that all instructions, warm up directions and demonstrations are received by each participant.
Registered and flexible registration fitness classes will be canclled three days before the start date, if minimum registration numbers are not met for each class.