The arena is an ideal place to train on the ice, or just enjoy skating around for fun.
Facilities and activities
Public skating sessions have returned to the indoor ice surface at Meadow Park Sports Centre. Entry is by reservation only and 60-minute timeslots can be booked up to 72 hours in advance for the following:
- Daytime sessions – 7 days a week from 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. and 1:45 to 2:45 p.m.*
- Evening sessions – Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.*
*Hours are subject to change over the holidays. Please log-in to your My Recreation account or call 604-935-PLAY (7529) during business hours for more details.
Patrons are encouraged to bring their own skates and helmets to public skating sessions. Alternatively, the full service skate shop will be open to provide skate rentals, helmets and skate aids as needed. All rental equipment will be properly sanitized between each user.
Programs and services currently unavailable
- The game zone will not be set-up.
- Hockey game play, sticks and pucks will not be permitted during public skate sessions.
- Drop-in hockey and stick & puck sessions are currently unavailable.
- The concession remains closed.
Meadow Park Sports Centre is open from 6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. daily, except for certain holidays. View changes to regular facility hours. Entry is by reservation only.
Book your public skating session
- Maximum 1 x public skating session permitted per day
- Reservations are currently restricted to MPSC passholders with a valid membership; no stand-by or drop-in access.
- Your reservation includes access to the ice rink only. To utilize the gym, attend a fitness class or visit the pool, you must make a separate reservation.
- You must book a spot for each individual in your group/family, including infants.
- Children 12 years of age and younger must be accompanied by a responsible adult (aged 16+) to ensure COVID-19 safety protocols are followed whilst in the facility. A maximum ratio of 1 adult to 3 children will be permitted.
- Individuals/families with a valid membership can book online. Individuals wishing to pay a drop-in rate can also book online with a valid account. Families wishing to pay the family drop-in rate must book by phone.
Book your timeslot to attend a public skating session up to 72 hours in advance:
By Phone: 604-935-PLAY (7529) ext. 0
Passholders who need to gain access to their online account can do so by calling 604-935-PLAY (7529) during operating hours or by emailing email@example.com.
Reservations can be cancelled without penalty, up to 12-hours before your timeslot by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 604-935-PLAY (7529), ext. 0 and leave a message.
**Please note that you cannot cancel bookings online**
Guest who no-show or cancel inside of 12 hours will be charged.
- Playtime Cards: A punch will be taken off of your pass (as if you had visited the facility)
- Active Member Passes: Annual and monthly pass holders will be charged a $6 cancellation fee (equivalent to 1 punch off a 30x card)
- Passes will be frozen until all fees are collected
- Guests who repeatedly no-show or cancel inside of 12 hours could lose their booking privileges and temporary access to the facility.
Guests who cancel due to illness will not be charged a cancellation fee, but for precautionary reasons, all upcoming bookings will be cancelled, and your membership will be frozen for 14 days.
Be prepared for your upcoming visit
Prior to entering the facility:
- Arrive dressed, ready for your skating session no more than 10 minutes before your timeslot
- Change rooms and lockers will be unavailable. Limited storage space will be on-site, so please bring only necessary items
- Bring your own pre-filled water bottle; water fountains will be available for bottle filling only
- No accessory equipment will be permitted on the ice (i.e., sticks, pucks, etc.).
General Guidelines for use:
- Sanitize your hands prior to entry
- Practice physical distancing of 2 meters or 6 feet at all times
- Follow the directional arrows and keep your distance
- Adhere to posted occupancy limits
- Do not enter any closed areas of the facility
- Do not congregate in large groups
- Wear a mask whenever you are not engaged in physical activity
Once in the arena:
- Participants will enter the arena lobby through the main lobby doors after they have checked in and paid for their pre-registered session with a recreation cashier.
- Follow the directional arrows into the arena lobby and proceed to one of the designated chairs in order to change into your skates and helmet. This will be your designated chair for the remainder of the public skating session where your belongings can be left at your own risk.
- Guests requiring skate rentals will purchase their voucher at the front desk when they check-in, and will proceed through the arena lobby and line-up single file on the floor decals in front of the skate shop to retrieve their skates. If all the floor decals are occupied, please take a seat in one of the arena lobby chairs, until a spot in line becomes available
- Helmets are strongly encouraged for all participants. Complimentary sanitized helmets will be available for use.
- Washrooms – The arena lobby washrooms will be open and accessible during public skate sessions.
Exiting the arena:
- Guests will return to their designated chair in the arena lobby to remove their skates, return any rental gear and retrieve their belongings.
- Please exit the facility through the back arena doors at the end of the change room hallway. The front entrance is reserved for guests entering the facility only.
- Please adhere to the posted occupancy limits in each area as you exit the facility and/or return rental gear. All participants will have 10 minutes to leave the premises at the end of public skate.
Special notices or events
The skating rink is closed once every two years for maintenance. The next arena maintenance closure will be in the Spring of 2022.
Equipment for sale
Whether you've forgotten your socks or need some new laces, there are a variety of items for sale at the Meadow Park Sports Centre front desk.