Fall 2020 Registration
Kids on the Go (KOTG) will be moving to a contactless registration process this year due to COVID-19 physical distancing measures and limits to gatherings of over 50 people. This means families will not line up in person to register for Kids on the Go programs for the 2020/2021 school year.
The new contactless registration system takes into account feedback from families from the 2019 Kids on the Go survey that looked at afterschool childcare needs as well as preferred ways to register for the program.
For families with children who attended KOTG from January 2019 to August 2020:
- Children will be prioritized by the total number of days they attended KOTG and summer camps from January 2019 to August 2020. Days where children were registered but cancelled and received a refund will not be included.
- Families are asked to send an email to KOTG@whistler.ca by Monday, August 3, 2020 with all of their requested dates for the 2020-2021 school year. E-mails will be accepted at any time until that date, but prioritized by the conditions above. Families that do not provide requested dates by 11:59 p.m. on August 3, 2020 will be required to register as new families.
- Children who are starting Kindergarten in 2020 who have siblings who have attended KOTG will be registered for the same dates as their older sibling(s), if requested. Kindergarten sibling registration will be in the same priority as their older sibling.
Families not registered in Kids on the Go between January 2019 to August 2020:
- New families will be able to register for a waitlist position in order to receive a call-back for program enrolment on Sunday, August9 starting at 6 a.m. here
- Prior to waitlist registration on August 9, families will need an active recreation account in Perfect Mind in order to register. Recreation account sign-up can be done by calling Meadow Park Sports Centre at 604-935-7529 from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- New families will be contacted by phone in order of waitlist position beginning at 6 a.m. on August 9 to register their children.
- Please be prepared to register for the entire school year
- Parents are responsible to ensure their financial details are up to date in our registration system.
- Payment for full day Pro-D days, collaboration days, Christmas Holidays and March break will be required at registration.
- Afterschool care will be charged monthly, the first day of each month.
As with previous years, we ask families to register only for the days they are certain they will require after school care for so that we are able to accommodate almost all families. By implementing the priority system based on previous KOTG attendance, we feel confident there will be space for most of the children of families that require after school care. The RMOW understands that COVID-19 has led to uncertainty in many people’s employment. If you are uncertain, please register only for the days you know you require.
The KOTG cancellation policy will remain the same. One full calendar month is required for a refund (cancel by the 31st of August for any October dates registered, etc.). For further details regarding the cancellation policy.
The KOTG program will continue to follow the CoVid-19 protocols this school year that we have in place for our summer camps. If you have any questions about our safety measures or anything else, please call or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure you have received the mandatory paperwork for your child’s participation in Kids on the Go or Summer Camp by emailing email@example.com or contacting the office at 604-935-8370, if you did not receive it at time of registration.
We are a licensed program and therefore require the following information to be provided before your child's participation in the program:
- a completed immunization form prior to having your child attend our programs, and
- emergency consent cards located in our office. These cards have important contact information for your children and are taken with us whenever we leave the building.
Please also take a moment to review our Family Handbook prior to attending our programs.