Summer 2021 registration
Kids on the Go (KOTG) will continue to provide contactless registration process this year due to COVID-19 physical distancing measures and limits to gatherings of over 50 people. This means families will not line up in person to register for Kids on the Go programs for the 2021 Summer registration.
The contactless registration system takes into account feedback from families from the 2019 Kids on the Go survey that looked at afterschool childcare needs as well as preferred ways to register for the program.
For families with children who attended KOTG a minimum of 10 days from July 2019 to December 2020:
- Children will be prioritized by the total number of days they attended KOTG and summer camps from July 1 2019 to December 31 2020. Days where children were registered but cancelled and received a refund will not be included.
- Families are asked to send an email to KOTG@whistler.ca by Monday, Monday April 5, 2021 with all of their requested dates for the Summer 2021. Please include your child’s first and last name and their current grade in school. E-mails will be accepted at any time until that date, but prioritized by the conditions above. Families that do not provide requested dates by 11:59 p.m. on April 5, 2021 will be required to register as new families.
- Sibling will be registered at the same time prioritized by the sibling with the most days registered.
Families not registered in Kids on the Go a minimum of 10 days between July 2019 to December 2020:
- New and infrequent families will be able to register for a waitlist position in order to receive a call-back for program enrolment on Sunday, April 25 starting at 6 a.m. here
- Prior to waitlist registration on April 25, families will need an active recreation account in Perfect Mind in order to register. Recreation account sign-up can be done by calling Meadow Park Sports Centre at 604-935-PLAY (7529) from Monday to Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- New families will be contacted by phone in order of waitlist position beginning at 6 a.m. on April 25 to register their children.
- KOTG Waitlist Instructions
- Please be prepared to register for the entire Summer July 5 to September 3, 2021 (no program on August 2).
- Parents are responsible to ensure their financial details are up to date in our registration system.
- Parents are responsible to ensure their schedules are correct within a maximum of 1 week from the date they are registered.
- Payment for registered days will be collected 25% at time of registration and the remainder will be charged monthly, on the first day of each month.
As with previous years, we ask families to register only for the days they are certain they will require care for so that we are able to accommodate almost all families. By utilizing the priority system based on previous KOTG attendance, we feel confident there will be space for most of the children of families that require Summer care. The RMOW understands that COVID-19 has led to uncertainty in many people’s employment. If you are uncertain, please register only for the days you know you require.
The KOTG cancellation policy will remain the same. One full calendar month is required for a refund (cancel by the 31st of May for any July dates registered, etc.). For further details regarding the cancellation policy.
The KOTG program will continue to follow the CoVid-19 protocols in place throughout the school year. If you have any questions about our safety measures or anything else, please call or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure you have received the mandatory paperwork for your child’s participation in Kids on the Go or Summer Camp by emailing email@example.com or contacting the office at 604-935-8370, if you did not receive it at time of registration.
We are a licensed program and therefore require the following information to be provided before your child's participation in the program:
- a completed immunization form prior to having your child attend our programs, and
- emergency consent cards located in our office. These cards have important contact information for your children and are taken with us whenever we leave the building.
Please also take a moment to review our Family Handbook prior to attending our programs.