Late & Unique Nighttime Alternatives (LUNA) provides fun, alcohol-free nightlife events for local young adults aged 18 to 35 years old.
LUNA Progamming - stay tuned!
You may also want to check out the diversity group, Alphabet Soup. This group is for LGBTQ+ teens (16 years and up) and meets the 4th Wednesday of the month via zoom. Visit mywcss.org to join the event!
- Monthly alternative events from late November to April each year open exclusively for people aged 18 to 35 years old. See below for upcoming events.
- LUNA Lounge nights from 7 to 10 p.m. from November until May. The LUNA Lounge includes ping pong, pool table, mini ramp, skate decks, free wifi, movies, Xbox1 S and PS4 and more. $2 drop-in fee or free for LUNA members.
- LUNA Yoga on Thursdays at the LUNA Lounge from November to May. $5 drop-in fee or free for LUNA members.
Sea to Sky Corridor residents between the ages of 18 and 35 years can apply for a $20 annual LUNA membership.
LUNA members receive:
- Free LUNA yoga
- Free LUNA nights
- Discounted entry into LUNA events
- Entry into monthly draws
- Membership discounts
Since its inception in 2003, LUNA programming has:
- Contributed to a 20 per cent reduction in alcohol-related calls to the RCMP
- Engaged over 13,000 people in alcohol-free nightlife
- Provided event and leadership training to 52 young adults ages 18 to 35
- Produced over 275 events
- Contributed over 6,200 volunteer hours in Whistler
- Been awarded the Innovative Community Capacity Building Award by the Canadian Cancer Society / BC Healthy Living Alliance
- Helped with Whistler's largest-ever power consumption reduction for Earth Hour 2011