Facilities and activities
Adult and family stick and puck sessions have returned to the indoor ice surface at Meadow Park Sports Centre for the new year. Entry is by reservation only.
Adult stick & puck – This session is designed to work on your skating skills in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. All participants must wear a helmet and gloves. Bring your own stick and puck! No goalies, scrimmages, slap shots or formal instruction. Participants must be at least 19 years of age. This session is designed to be slower paced. Please be respectful of all players and maintain your distance.
Family stick & puck – This session is designed for adults to accompany their children/youth in a non-contact environment. Participants 18 years and younger require full equipment, and an adult must be on the ice with them. Adults must wear skates, a helmet and gloves. An adult must accompany their children/youth, to a maximum ratio of one adult to three children/youth. No goalies, scrimmages, slap shots or formal instruction. Make sure to bring your own stick and puck!
Meadow Park Sports Centre is open from 6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. daily, except for certain holidays. Public access will be restricted to facility users with a reservation.
Book your stick & puck session
- Maximum of 16 people per session
- Your reservation includes access to the ice rink only during the stick & puck session. To utilize the gym, visit the pool or attend public skate, you must make a separate reservation
- You must book a spot for each individual in your group/family
- A maximum ratio of 1 adult to 3 children/youth will be permitted.
- Stick and puck fees apply: $11.75/adult, $7/youth, $6/child and $23.50/family
Book your timeslot to attend a stick & puck session up to 72 hours in advance:
By Phone: 604-935-PLAY (7529) ext. 0
Passholders who need to gain access to their online account can do so by calling 604-935-PLAY(7529) during operating hours or by emailing email@example.com
Reservations can be cancelled without penalty, up to 12-hours before your timeslot by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 604-935-PLAY (7529), ext. 0 and leave a message.
**Please note that you cannot cancel bookings online**
- Guest who no-show or cancel inside of 12 hours will not be refunded.
- Guests who repeatedly no-show or cancel inside of 12 hours could lose their booking privileges and temporary access to the facility.
- Guests who cancel due to illness will not be charged a cancellation fee, but for precautionary reasons, all upcoming bookings will be cancelled, and your account will be on hold for 14 days.
PAR-Q+ participant questionnaire
The Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q+) will tell you whether it is necessary for you to seek further advice from a doctor or qualified exercise professional prior to engaging in physical activity.
Be prepared for your upcoming visit
Prior to entering the facility:
- Arrive dressed, ready to skate no more than 10 minutes before your timeslot
- Masks are mandatory in all municipal facilities, except while actively engaging in physical activity. Find out more about the RMOW mask policies.
- Change rooms and lockers will be unavailable. Limited storage space is available on-site, so please bring only necessary items
- Bring your own pre-filled water bottle; water fountains will be available for bottle filling only
General Guidelines for use:
- Sanitize your hands prior to entry
- Practice physical distancing of 2 meters or 6 feet at all times
- Practice physical distancing of 3 meters (10 feet) for sport activities (eg. squash and hockey) while on the field of play.
- Follow the directional arrows and keep your distance
- Adhere to posted occupancy limits
- Do not enter any closed areas of the facility
- Do not congregate in large groups
- Masks must be worn at all times within the facility, except while actively engaging in physical activity
Once in the arena:
- Participants will enter the arena lobby through the main lobby doors after they have checked in for their pre-registered session with a recreation cashier
- Follow the directional arrows into the arena lobby and proceed to one of the designated chairs in order to change into your skates and helmet. This will be your designated chair for the duration of the stick & puck session where your belongings can be left at your own risk.
- Helmets are mandatory.
- Washrooms – The arena lobby washrooms will be open and accessible for participant use.
- Only skills and drills are permitted. No goalies, scrimmages, slap shots or formal instruction.
- Participants must maintain a minimum of 3 meters (10 feet) of physical distance from those not in their direct household.
Exiting the arena:
- Guests will return to their designated chair in the arena lobby to remove their skates and retrieve their belongings.
- Exit the facility through the back arena doors at the end of the change room hallway. The front entrance is reserved for guests entering the facility only.
- Please adhere to the posted occupancy limits in each area as you exit the facility. All participants will have 10 minutes to leave the premises at the end of public skate.
Special notices or events
The skating rink is closed once every two years for maintenance. The next arena maintenance closure will be in the Spring of 2022.
Equipment for sale
Whether you've forgotten your socks or need some new laces, there are a variety of items for sale at the Meadow Park Sports Centre front desk.