Get fitter, work on your rehabilitation or train for your next sporting adventure in the 4,500-square foot Fitness Centre. Do it on your own or with one of our friendly and supportive trainers.
Meadow Park Sports Centre is open from 6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. daily, except for certain holidays. View changes to regular facility hours. Entry is by reservation only.
Meadow Park Sports Centre mask policy
- Fitness centre - Masks may be removed during high intensity exercises (ie: treadmill running or heavy squats) and only if 2 meter distancing can be maintained at all times from other patrons and staff. Masks must be worn while moving between machines, while performing low intensity exercises and any time 2 meter distancing cannot be maintained.
12-hour cancellation policy in effect for all bookings
Reservations can be cancelled without penalty, up to 12-hours before your timeslot by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 604-935-PLAY (7529) and leaving a message.
**Please note that you cannot cancel bookings online**
No-shows or cancellations within 12 hours: You will be charged for your missed visit:
- Playtime Cards: A punch will be taken off of your pass (as if you had visited the facility)
- Active Member Passes: Annual and monthly pass holders will be charged a $6 cancellation fee (equivalent to 1 punch off a 30x card)
- Passes will be frozen until all fees are collected
Guests who repeatedly no-show or cancel inside of 12 hours could lose their booking privileges and temporary access to the facility
Illness: Guests who cancel due to illness will not be charged, but for precautionary reasons, all upcoming bookings will be cancelled, and your account/membership will be frozen for 14 days
Book your time slot to use the fitness centre
- Reservations are currently restricted to MPSC passholders with a valid membership; no stand-by or drop-in access.
- Your reservation includes access to the weight room, cardio room and stretching areas only. The pool, change rooms and shower facilities remain closed.
- Maximum 1 x 75-minute booking permitted per day
- 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. timeslot only available for vulnerable persons
- Maximum capacity for the fitness centre is 22 people per time slot to allow for physical distancing
Book your time slot to visit the fitness centre up to 72 hours in advance:
By phone - 604-935-PLAY (7529) during operating hours
Current passholders who need to gain access to their online account can do so by calling 604-935-PLAY (7529) during operating hours or by emailing email@example.com.
Having trouble booking a class? Here is a step-by-step how to guide just in case.
Be prepared for your upcoming visit
Prior to entering the facility
- Arrive dressed in your workout clothes with your gym shoes in hand no more than 5 minutes before your time slot.
- Limited storage space will be available on-site, so please only bring necessary items.
- Change rooms, shower facilities and lockers will be closed off. Cubby holes will be limited, and jacket hooks will not be available. Bags are not permitted with you while you work out
- Bring your own pre-filled water bottle
- Bring your own mask
General guidelines for use
- Sanitize your hand prior to entry
- Practice physical distancing of 2 meters or 6 feet at all times
- Follow the directional arrow and keep your distance
- Adhere to maximum capacities of guests permitted in each room at one time
- Do not enter any closed areas of the facility including the pool, change rooms or showers
- Do not congregate in large groups
Prior to heading upstairs
- Change your shoes in the downstairs squash lobby with the benches provided; not upstairs. Your outdoor shoes can be left under the benches
- Each user will be given a bottle of sanitizer and a rag to wipe down equipment both before and after use
- Head upstairs via the main staircase
- Follow the one-way directional arrows to get to your desired location
- Adhere to the maximum capacities posted in each room
- Individual workout spaces will be designated with tape in the Sonya Dery room and stretching room
- The washrooms in the fitness centre will not be open for patron use. The squash lobby washrooms will be open and accessible to fitness centre guests upon arrival or by going down the exit stairs adjacent to the weight room desk during or after their workout
- The weight room water fountain near the desk/exit is out of order. The fountains in the cardio room and downstairs in the squash lobby are available for bottle filling only
- Masks may be removed during high intensity exercises (ie: treadmill running or heavy squats) and only if 2 meter distancing can be maintained at all times from other patrons and staff. Masks must be worn while moving between machines, while performing low intensity exercises and any time 2 meter distancing cannot be maintained.
Exiting the fitness centre
- Exit is via the staircase near the weight room desk. Staircases are one-way traffic; the main staircase is for up traffic only.
- Please return the sanitizer bottle and deposit your used rag at the weight room exit door when you have finished your workout
Facilities and activities
The Fitness Centre features:
Cardio room: The cardio room offers fantastic mountain views and the latest equipment from Precor and Keiser, including treadmills, ellipticals, steppers, recumbent, upright and spin bikes, and rowers. It also has a recumbent cross trainer, the first in the Corridor, and an ideal machine for anyone recovering from a mobility injury.
Weight room: The bright and spacious weightroom with views of the pool and squash courts and features Cybex strength machines, a wide variety of free weights, sport specific equipment, and balance and rehabilitation tools.
Stretching area: Cool down after a hard workout or enjoy some quiet mat work in a separate stretching area. Use the exercise mats, foam rollers, yoga blocks and more to customize your workout.
Equipment restrictions during COVID-19:
- Some equipment is currently unavailable to allow for physical distancing including: 50% of the cardio machines, glute/ham strength machine, 1 squat rack, seated calf raise, roman chair, and bands (with fabric coverings)
- Limited personal equipment is available and must be retrieved from a trainer at the weight room desk: massage balls, rollers, bands, agility ladders and balance discs
Services: Friendly, qualified trainers are ready to assist you. Whether you’re new to fitness or are looking for a new challenge, our trainers will help you reach your potential. Find out more about:
- Free fitness orientations;
- Personal training;
- Stretch therapy;
- Fitness testing; and
- Group training
- Fitness centre users and fitness class participants must be 16 years of age or older. Youth aged 13-15 can gain access to the fitness centre upon completion of the Youth on Weights program. Youth cannot register online and must call to reserve a time slot.
- Clean, dry, closed toed, indoor athletic shoes must be worn in the fitness centre and during fitness classes at all times.
Equipment for sale
Forgot your earphones? Want to continue your rehabilitation or training at home? Choose from a variety of fitness items for sale at the Meadow Park Sports Centre front desk.