Reservations are not required for:
|Fitness centre||Access to the weight room, cardio room and stretching rooms|
|Swimming pools and hot spots||Access to the main lap pool, leisure pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room|
|Public skating||Access to public skating sessions|
Information regarding pool availability, included fitness classes and arena programming can be found on the Swim, Skate & Fitness Schedule. Users are asked to check whistler.ca/notices prior to each visit, for operational changes and closures.
Reservations are required for the following activities and can be booked up to 72-hours in advance:
|Group fitness classes||Join one of the scheduled group fitness classes|
|Squash/basketball courts||Squash/basketball court bookings|
Join one of the scheduled drop-in hockey sessions
|Adult sport nights||Co-ed adult sport nights|
|Pedal wheelchair||Free pedal wheelchair rental for outdoor use|
General guidelines for use
- Stay home if you are sick
- Practice good hand hygiene
- Respect personal space; consider other people’s situations and different comfort levels
- Follow all guidelines and abide by the posted Code of Conduct
Book up to 72 hours in advance:
MPSC passholders and drop-in users with a Xplor Recreation (formerly PerfectMind) account can book their timeslot online through Whistler’s registration software system. Guests who need to gain access to their online account can do so by calling 604-935-PLAY (7529) during business hours
12-hour cancellation policy in effect
Reservations can be cancelled without penalty, up to 12-hours before your timeslot by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 604-935-PLAY (7529) and leaving a message.
**Please note that you cannot cancel bookings online**
No-shows or cancellations within 12 hours: You will be charged for your missed visit:
- Drop-in admissions will not be refunded
- 10/20/30 Time Passes: A punch will be taken off of your pass (as if you had visited the facility)
- Monthly Passes: Annual and monthly pass holders will be charged a $6 cancellation fee (equivalent to 1 punch off a 30x card)
- Passes will be frozen until all fees are collected
- Guests who repeatedly no-show or cancel inside of 12 hours could lose their booking privileges and temporary access to the facility
Illness: Guests who cancel due to illness will not be charged a cancellation fee, but for precautionary reasons, all upcoming bookings will be cancelled as long as symptoms persist.
Child supervision policy
Children under 10 years of age* must be accompanied by a responsible adult (aged 16+)** whilst on premises, to ensure all facility rules, guidelines and Code of Conduct are being followed. Disregarding this policy could result in access privileges to the Sports Centre being temporarily revoked for all parties involved.
*local children who are 9 years of age and possess a grade 5/10 annual membership are permitted to access the facility un-supervised.
**Responsible adults (16+):
- may supervise and take responsibility for multiple children from multiple households
- may spectate or access another area of the facility, as long as they are available should any issues arise
- must pay admission if participating in any activity within the facility
Pool specific supervision policy
Children under 7 years of age must be within arm’s reach of an adult (aged 16+) who is also in the water wearing swimwear, to a maximum ratio of one adult to three children.
Fitness Centre specific policy
Fitness Centre users and fitness class participants must be 16 years of age or older. Youth aged 13-15 can gain access to the Fitness Centre upon completion of the Youth on Weights program.