The outdoor skating rink at Whistler Olympic Plaza is an inspiring place to ice skate outdoors with your family and friends, surrounded by majestic scenery, the twinkle of festive lights and the iconic Olympic rings. The rink is now closed and will reopen Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 11 a.m..
Facilities and Activities
- 150 skater capacity
- A kids' section Game Zone with supplied plastic sticks and pucks
- Ice skate and helmet rentals with push bars
- Adjacent Snow Zone for snow play
- Open seven days a week*: 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m. – 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Closed for maintenance daily: 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. and 5 – 6 p.m.
- Holiday hours are in effect on December 24, 25, 26 and 31
- December 24: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- December 25: 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- December 26: 11a.m. – 9 p.m.
- December 31: 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- January 1: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Last day of 2019 season: March 31, 2019 (weather dependent)
*Skating at Whistler Olympic Plaza may need to close unexpectedly due to weather conditions. For up-to-date information, call 604-935-PLAY, and press 3.
Note: To keep the rinks safe and family-friendly, hockey and figure skating are not permitted at Whistler Olympic Plaza.
Public skating is also available at Meadow Park Sports Centre.
Free admission! Skate rentals are $6. Helmets are available at no charge.
The skating rink at Whistler Olympic Plaza is now closed. It will reopen on Saturday, December 8, 2018. Indoor skating is available year round at Meadow Park Sports Centre. For more information about public skating times, please view the Monthly Drop-In Activity Schedule at whistler.ca/recreation.
Planning a birthday party? Want to host a work event? The outdoor skating rink at Whistler Olympic Plaza is available for rentals.
Capacity: 150 skaters