The arena is an ideal place to train on the ice, or just enjoy skating around for fun.
Facilities and activities
- An NHL-sized ice surface;
- Drop-in hockey
- Public skating with qualified skate attendants;
- Full service skate shop with skate rentals, helmets and push bars
Public skating sessions are available on the indoor ice surface at Meadow Park Sports Centre. Pre-booked timeslots will no longer be required, but facility access is restricted to current passholders. Information regarding public skating sessions can be found on the drop-in activity schedule. Users are asked to check availability of arena sessions and related facility closure notices before each visit at whistler.ca/notices.
Patrons are encouraged to bring their own skates and helmets to public skating sessions. Alternatively, the full service skate shop will be open to provide skate rentals, helmets and skate aids as needed. All rental equipment will be properly sanitized between each user.
General guidelines for use
- Stay home if you are sick
- Practice good hand hygiene
- By order of the Public Health Officer of British Columbia, proof of vaccination is required to access Meadow Park Sports Centre for all activities for all people aged 12+. Government issued photo ID is also required for all adults 19+. Learn more
- Masks are required in all common areas of Meadow Park Sports Centre for all people aged 5 and older, except while engaged in physical activity
- Respect personal space; consider other people’s situations and different comfort levels
- Follow all guidelines and abide by the posted Code of Conduct
- Children 9 years of age and younger must be accompanied by a responsible adult (aged 16+) whilst in the facility. View the full facility supervision policy.
- Skate rentals can be purchased at the front desk and picked up from the skate shop in the arena lobby
- Helmets are strongly encouraged for all participants. Complimentary sanitized helmets will be available for use.
In the game zone
- Helmets are mandatory for participants under 19 and are strongly recommended for all.
- Use only the plastic sticks and pucks provided. Real sticks and pucks are not permitted.
- Keep game play at a recreational level and inclusive of all ages and abilities.
- Do not sit on game zone dividers.
Arena maintenance closures
In effort to keep the facility safe and operable for all to enjoy, the arena must close for scheduled maintenance.
- The skating rink is closed once every two years for regular maintenance. The next arena maintenance closure will be in the *Spring of 2022.
*Please note, dates are tentative and subject to change.
Equipment for sale
Whether you've forgotten your socks or need some new laces, there are a variety of items for sale at the Meadow Park Sports Centre front desk.