A great space for teens looking to connect, have fun, relax, and hang the Youth Centre (YC) is free and open to local and visiting teens on a drop-in basis.
- Thursdays: 3:30 - 8 p.m. (**For Summer Hours = see calendars below or our Instagram)
- Fridays: 3:30 - 10 p.m. (**For Summer Hours = see calendars below or our Instagram)
- Saturdays: 3:30 - 10 p.m. (**For Summer Hours = see calendars below or our Instagram)
Facilities and activities
- Three rooms dedicated to skateboarding, video games (XBOX One and PS4), movies and music;
- A pool table;
- A ping pong table;
- Air hockey;
- A piano;
- Djembe drums;
- Art supplies;
- Board games;
- Mini ramp (temporarily closed) with skateboards and helmets to borrow; and
- A kitchen to reheat dinner or whip up a simple cup of tea
The Interact Club of Whistler
The Interact Club of Whistler is for youth ages 12 – 18. The group usually meet every Wednesday either on ZOOM or in The YC during the school year from 3:45 p.m. - 5 p.m. For more information check out the group’s Facebook page.
Whistler Rainbow Connection
Formerly Alphabet Soup - A great space for 2S+LGBTQ individuals and their friends, families, and community allies to connect. Join us on the 4th Wednesday of every month. For more info on location, dates, times and who's part of this group, please check out: Alphabet Soup • Whistler Community Services Society (mywcss.org)
The rules at The YC are simple
All local and visiting youth are asked to respect themselves, respect others and respect the space. Drugs and alcohol are strictly prohibited.
There are YC staff present when the centre is open. The staff are there to listen, hang out, play pool and connect youth to more specific help and resources if needed.
The YC has been operating for over 15 years and is a Resort Municipality of Whistler program.
Come on in! We’d love to meet you.
Visiting The Youth Centre
- Stay at home if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms
- Self-isolate after exposure to a confirmed COVID-19 case
- Self-isolate if you have travelled outside Canada within the last 14 days
General guidelines for use
- Sanitize your hand prior to entry
- Adhere to posted occupancy limits of each room
- Do not enter any closed areas of the facility
- Do not congregate in large groups
- Sanitize equipment before and after use
- Limit surfaces touches
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow
What we are doing to help keep you safe
- enhances cleaning protocols
- not allowing anyone in the facility who is exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms
Want to connect with The YC on Social Media?
Like The YC Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/whistleryouthcentre
Follow us on The YC Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/whistleryouthcentre