Experience endless hours of outdoor fun at Cheakamus Crossing's neighbourhood park.
Bayly Park is a large 8.45 hectare (21 acre) site located atop the capped former municipal landfill at Cheakamus Crossing. The park is organized around a central, open, flat irrigated lawn area. The lawn offers opportunities for play, informal gatherings, social interaction and picnicking.
Address: 1005 Legacy Way, Whistler BC
Bayly Park is located at 1015 Jane Lakes Rd/1005Legacy Way in the Cheakamus Crossing neighborhood south of Whistler Village. Access the park by bike or on foot along the Valley Trail or by car.
Hours: dawn to dusk daily
Facilities and activities
- Playground and lawn area
- Two sand volleyball courts
- Special event area
- Tennis court (including pickleball lines)
- Multi-sport court
- Community garden operated by the Cheakamus Crossing Garden Group and the Whistler Community Services Society (WCSS)
- Andrée Vajda Janyk Sports Field
- A dog "off-leash" area (currently closed due to construction)
- Sea-to-Sky Trail connection from an existing terminus on one side of the park to the existing Valley Trail network on the other side
- Picnic tables, benches, drinking fountain and way finding signage
- Public washrooms
- Landscaping with non-irrigated grasses and trees
The special event area adjacent to the playground and sand volleyball courts at Bayly Park are available for rent. Contact us for details and availability.
The Bayly Park project total budget was $1.68 million, of which 10 per cent was funded from the Resort Municipality Initiative from the Province of British Columbia, and 90 per cent from existing municipal reserves. The project also received grants:
- BC Hydro and Tree Canada donated $8,000 towards the purchase of trees and in 2016 a further $6,200 was donated to purchase trees near the BMX track.
- Whistler Blackcomb Foundation donated $35,000 towards the dog off-leash area.
- Tire Stewardship BC donated $17,500 towards the rubber safety surfacing in the playground.
- CTV donated the picnic pavilion next to the playground.