Lakeside Park is a beautiful beach park located on the shores of Alta Lake just a short distance from Whistler Village.
This popular park contains swimming docks and rafts, a children’s play structure, a large grass lawn, picnic tables, barbecue stands, and a concession stand. You can also rent boats, canoes, kayaks, pedal boats and paddle boards for use on Alta Lake, as well as take guided and unguided excursions down the River of Golden Dreams.
Address: 3375 Lakeside Rd, Whistler BC
Lakeside Park is located 2 kilometres south of Whistler Village in the Alta Vista neighbourhood and is accessible by car from Hillcrest Drive or by biking or walking the Valley Trail. A limited amount of parking is available, including three accessible parking spots. Overflow parking is available on the road off Hillcrest Drive.
The Lakeside Park watercraft operator, Backroads Whistler, and concession stand is open daily from mid- / late June (COVID-19 permitting) to Labour Day; and weekends during early June and again from Labour Day to October 11, 2020 (weather permitting). The concession is typically open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is accompanied by a daily lunchtime food truck at some points during summer (as an alternate location). View the food truck schedule for the most up to date vendor information during the summer months.
- Children’s play structure - new play structure installed in May 2019
- Two swim docks and swim rafts
- Sandy beach
- Picnic tables and barbecue stands (bring your own barbecue)
- NEW slackline posts
- Canoe, kayak and standup paddleboard storage racks
- Concession stand for food and drinks. . Plus
- Food Trucks (operating during summer months as an alternate location)
- Grass lawn
- Commercial boat tour and rental operation - www.backroadswhistler.com
- Protected shoreline habitat for fish
- Parks are closed from dusk to dawn.
- Please respect other park users and park neighbours.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times (except in designated off-leash areas).
- Smoking and consumption of alcohol are not permitted.
- Camping and campfires are not permitted.
- When the Fire Danger Rating is high or extreme, only propane barbecues are permitted.
- Slacklining is not permitted using trees. Please use designated posts.
- Obey all rules and posted signs in all parks.
- Parks are not monitored by a lifeguard.