This idyllic park is located on the banks of the River Golden Dreams with one of the valley’s most magnificent views of Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains.
This park has something for everyone from a large playground area with a children’s water park, to tennis and basketball courts, ball diamonds and event space.
Address: Meadow Ln, Whistler BC
Meadow Park is located in Alpine Meadows behind Meadow Park Sports Centre. The park is accessible by the Valley Trail, from three parking lots (Meadow Park is roughly a 6-minute drive north of the Village), or using the bus service (Transit).
Meadow Park is open from dawn until dusk daily. The water park typically opens from May long weekend and runs until the middle to end of September each year. The water park operates daily from 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. (beginning early this year on May 9, 2019) and the last day of operations this summer was September 22, 2019.
Facilities and activities
- Two ball diamonds
- Event space
- Picnic tables
- Barbecue stands (bring your own barbecue)
- Tennis courts, including pickleball lines. The nets are removed for winter by the end of October and re-installed by the end of April, as snow melt allows.
- Basketball court
- Slackline posts
- Water Park (push the button on the nose of the whale to activate the two minute water cycle)
- Drinking fountain
- Parking lots
- Parks are closed from dusk to dawn.
- Please respect other park users and park neighbours.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times (except in designated off-leash areas).
- Smoking and consumption of alcohol are not permitted.
- Camping and campfires are not permitted.
- When the Fire Danger Rating is high or extreme, only propane barbecues are permitted.
- Slacklining is not permitted using trees. Please use designated posts.
- Obey all rules and posted signs in all parks.
- Parks are not monitored by a lifeguard.
The two ball fields at Meadow Park are available for rent from May 15 - October 15.
Outdoor event space
Located along the River of Golden Dreams, the Meadow Park event area is an ideal location for corporate events, special events, community events, private functions, weddings, and social functions. Available for booking from May 15 - October 15 (excluding holiday long weekends).
Capacity (pending tent requirements): 200