This project is currently in the Imagining Stage. Further community engagement opportunities will be announced in the coming months.
As part of the earlier Assessing Stage, an OUTSIDE VOICE Park Inventory Open House was held in December 2018. View the open house materials. A survey was also available in December.
The RMOW is excited to lead OUTSIDE VOICE, a year-long conversation with the community to develop a master plan for the future of Whistler’s parks. Over a 12 month period, there will be a range of open houses, surveys and online opportunities for you to use your OUTSIDE VOICE, have your say and be part of #MyFutureWhistler. Whistler’s Parks Master Plan will build off the Parks Vision plan from 1996 and the Recreation and Leisure Master Plan completed in 2015.
Whistler's parks are a cornerstone of the experience that sets Whistler apart from other places and resorts in North America and were developed with leading-edge park planning. It’s now time to come together to look at our world-class parks and decide how to keep them vibrant and fresh well into the future. The Whistler resident and visitor population is growing, and the needs of the community are changing.
Together let’s determine how to retain what works and identify areas for investment and maintenance so we can continue to meet Whistler’s evolving needs.
During the Assessing Stage, an inventory of park assets and ideas for investments was collected through the following activities:
- Park surveys and mapping
- Neighbourhood parks and natural Areas Inventory
- Major parks asset inventory and conditions assessment
- Community engagement: Park Inventory Open House and Outside Voice Survey in December.
Imagining (Now to Summer 2019)
- During the Imagining Stage, the program strategy and priorities for the Parks Master Plan will be developed.
- Programming options will be assessed to better understand the possibility of reallocating, relocating, adding or deleting park elements. This will be completed on a park-by-park basis but in the context of the entire system.
- Community engagement opportunities will be announced in the coming months.
Designing (Summer to Fall 2019)
- During the Designing Stage, detailed designs and costing will be developed to move plans into action
- Community engagement opportunities will be announced in 2019.
Whistler Parks Master Plan Update Presentation March 12, 2019
Whistler Parks Master Plan Update Information Report March 12, 2019