The OUTSIDE VOICE Park Inventory Open House was held on Thurdsay, December 6 at the Whistler Conference Centre. Community members attended to learn about the parks in Whistler and share their ideas.
A survey is available online between December 7 to 20 for you to help design the future of Whistler's parks!
The RMOW is excited to launch OUTSIDE VOICE, a year-long conversation with the community to develop a master plan for the future of Whistler’s parks. Over the next 12 months, there will be a range of open houses, surveys and online opportunities for you to use your OUTSIDE VOICE, have your say and be part of #MyFutureWhistler. Whistler’s Parks Masterplan will build off the Recreation and Leisure Master Plan completed in 2015.
Whistler's parks are a cornerstone of the experience that sets Whistler apart from other places and resorts in North America and were developed with leading-edge park planning. It’s now time to come together to look at our world-class parks and decide how to keep them vibrant and fresh well into the future. The Whistler resident and visitor population is growing, and the needs of the community are changing.
Together let’s determine how to retain what works and identify areas for investment and maintenance so we can continue to meet Whistler’s evolving needs.
Assessing (now to January 2019)
- During the Assessing Stage, an inventory of park assets and ideas for investments will be collected.
- Community engagement opportunities:
- Park Inventory Open House: December 6, 4 to 6 p.m., Whistler Conference Centre, Harmony Room
- Outside Voice Survey: Open from December 7 to 20, 2018.
Imagining (early 2019)
- During the Imagining Stage, the program strategy and priorities for the Parks Master Plan will be developed.
- Community engagement opportunities to be announced in early 2019.
Designing (late 2019)
- During the Designing Stage, conceptual designs will be completed for the prioritized parks.
- Community engagement opportunities to be announced in 2019.