- Facility Closure - July 28, 2019 - 6am - 5pmFacility Closure - Meadow Park Sports Centre will be closed on Sunday, July 28, 2019 from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. due to Ironman. The facility will reopen at 5 p.m. for regular operations.
- Meadow Park fitness centre is expandingConstruction Notice - Fitness centre expansion is underway.
This project is currently in the Imagining Stage. Thank you to those who attended the OUTSIDE VOICE open house at Maury Young Arts Centre on June 17. Attendees reviewed and provided input on a series of bubble diagrams with some big ideas to spark conversation about reprogramming a number of parks. An online survey was also available until June 24 for the community to provide input on these ideas.
Based on the feedback gathered, the bubble diagrams will be updated to reflect the preferred direction for future park designs. A Phase 2 Imagining Document will be drafted to share the preferred bubble diagrams and address the priority, time frame, and relative cost of pursuing these ideas. There will be a second online survey this summer to gather public input on the final draft of the Phase 2 Imagining Document.
The RMOW is excited to lead OUTSIDE VOICE, a year-long conversation with the community to develop a master plan for the future of Whistler’s parks. Over a 12 month period, there will be a range of open houses, surveys and online opportunities for you to use your OUTSIDE VOICE, have your say and be part of #MyFutureWhistler. Whistler’s Parks Master Plan will build off the Parks Vision plan from 1996 and the Recreation and Leisure Master Plan completed in 2015.
Whistler's parks are a cornerstone of the experience that sets Whistler apart from other places and resorts in North America and were developed with leading-edge park planning. It’s now time to come together to look at our world-class parks and decide how to keep them vibrant and fresh well into the future. The Whistler resident and visitor population is growing, and the needs of the community are changing.
Together let’s determine how to retain what works and identify areas for investment and maintenance so we can continue to meet Whistler’s evolving needs.
- Assessing (November 2018 to January 2019)
During the Assessing Stage, an inventory of park assets and ideas for investments was collected through a variety of activities. Learn more.
- Imagining (Now to Summer 2019)
During the Imagining Stage, the program strategy and priorities for the Parks Master Plan will be developed. Learn more.
- Designing (Summer to Fall 2019)
During the Designing Stage, detailed designs and costing will be developed to move plans into action. Learn more.
- Whistler Parks Master Plan Update Presentation March 12, 2019
- Whistler Parks Master Plan Update Information Report March 12, 2019