This popular park at Alta Lake has it all: a sandy beach, charming wharf and terrific facilities.
Rainbow Park is fully accessible and well used by Whistler residents and visitors. Enjoy spectacular views of Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains, swim in the Alta Lake, relax on the grass lawn, visit the dog park, play beach volleyball, and more. Barking Bay, found at the south end of Rainbow Park, is a popular off-leash dog area with a small grass area and swimming dock.
Rainbow Park is accessible by car from Alta Lake Road, roughly fifteen minutes from the Village. It can also be accessed by biking or walking from the Valley Trail. A limited amount of parking is available.
Rainbow Park is open from dawn until dusk daily. A food concession operates daily (weather permitting) from July 1 to the first Monday in September from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and and weekends from June to September. View the summer food truck schedule.
Facilities and activities
- Beach volleyball courts
- Swimming docks
- Picnic tables
- Barbecue stands (bring your own barbecue)
- Summer concession (open daily 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. weather permitting from July 1 to Labour Day, and weekends from June to September)
- Food trucks
- Slackline posts
- Washrooms and outdoor shower
- Off-leash dog park and dock (Barking Bay)
- Event rental space
- Parks are closed from dusk to dawn.
- Please respect other park users and park neighbours.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times (except in designated off-leash areas)
- Smoking and consumption of alcohol are not permitted.
- Camping and campfires are not permitted.
- When the Fire Danger Rating is high or extreme, only propane barbecues are permitted.
- Slacklining is not permitted using trees. Please use designated posts.
- Obey all rules and posted signs in all parks.
- Parks are not monitored by a lifeguard.
Canada Geese have been prevalent at this park and their droppings have had an impact on residents and visitors’ enjoyment of the beach areas. To address this issue, the Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) is following a multifaceted approach to aversion, as well as clean-up efforts.
Geese at Rainbow Park
Beach volleyball courts
There are four sand volleyball courts available for rent from May 15 - October 15. Contact us for details and availability.
Outdoor event space
With its inspiring views of Whistler and Blackcomb mountains, lake access and grassy lawns, Rainbow Park is the perfect setting for your next event. Available for booking from May 15 - October 15 (excluding holiday long weekends).
- Suitable for private events, weddings, family and social functions.
- Capacity (pending tent requirements): 200