Please note there is very limited parking at Rainbow Park. Please consider walking, biking or using a hotel shuttle to visit the park. Pack out what you pack in. Food items, recycling, drink containers and wrappers must be disposed of in a secure, wildlife-proof container. If bins are full, items must be taken with you when you leave the area.
Address: 5778 Alta Lake Rd, Whistler BC
New traffic control measures have been introduced at Rainbow Park to enhance pedestrian safety:
- Reduction of Alta Lake Road speed limit to 30 km/h near Rainbow Park.
- Installation of temporary speed bumps.
- Restricted street parking and expanded signage.
- Ticketing will be in effect for violations.
- Introduction of designated drop off zone spaces.
Rainbow Park is open from dawn until dusk daily. A food concession operates daily (weather permitting) from late June to Labour Day Monday each September from approximately 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.. View the summer food truck schedule.
Facilities and activities
- Beach volleyball courts
- Swimming docks
- Picnic tables
- Barbecue stands (bring your own barbecue)
- Summer concession (open daily 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. weather permitting from late June to Labour Day - Food trucks
- Slackline posts
- Washrooms and outdoor shower
- Off-leash dog park and dock (Barking Bay)
- Event rental space
- Parks are closed from dusk to dawn.
- Please respect other park users and park neighbours.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times (except in designated off-leash areas in the park).
- Smoking and consumption of alcohol are not permitted.
- Camping and campfires are not permitted.
- When the Fire Danger Rating is high or extreme, only propane barbecues are permitted.
- Slacklining is not permitted using trees. Please use designated posts.
- Obey all rules and posted signs in all parks.
- Parks are not monitored by a lifeguard.
Canada Geese have been prevalent at this park and their droppings have had an impact on residents and visitors’ enjoyment of the beach areas. To address this issue, the Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) is following a multifaceted approach to aversion, as well as clean-up efforts.
Geese at Rainbow Park
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the RMOW is working towards taking bookings under new guidelines.
Beach volleyball courts
No bookings are currently being taken for the volleyball courts until further notice.
Outdoor event space
With its inspiring views of Whistler and Blackcomb mountains, lake access and grassy lawns, Rainbow Park is the perfect setting for your event. Available for booking from May 15 - October 15 (excluding holiday long weekends).
- Suitable for private events, weddings, family and social functions.
Original capacity: 200
- Capacity in phase three: 50 (including contracted staff)
- Minimum 2 hour booking with 30 minutes between bookings
This will help bookings to practice physical distancing and have an enjoyable visit during our busiest time of the year. Please help us to provide a quality experience for park visitors and protect the environment that makes these places special.