Go for a swim, head out on the water or just sit and enjoy the views at this beautiful park located on Alta Lake.
Just south of Lakeside Park on the Valley Trail is Wayside Park, which is small and tranquil, with very limited parking off Highway 99.
- a grassy, beach area
- a dock
- canoe, kayak, and paddle board rental and guided trips
- bike racks
- picnic tables
- barbecue stands
- washroom facilities
- concession stand
- wheelchair accessible walkway
The Wayside Park watercraft operator, Whistler Eco Tours, and concession stand is open daily from June 18 to Labour Day; and weekends from May 19 to June 17 and Labour Day to October 14, 2018.
- Parks are closed from dusk to dawn.
- Please respect other park users and park neighbours.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times (except in designated off-leash areas)
- Smoking and consumption of alcohol are not permitted.
- Camping and campfires are not permitted.
- When the Fire Danger Rating is high or extreme, only propane barbecues are permitted.
- Slacklining is not permitted using trees. Please use designated posts.
- Obey all rules and posted signs in all parks.
- Parks are not monitored by a lifeguard.