Lost Lake Cross Country trails close Sunday, March 26, 2017
Lost Lake Cross Country and Snowshoe Trails
Lost Lake offers 25 km of cross country trails and 15 km of snowshoe trails with incredible views of Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains. The cross country trails are groomed daily for classic and skate techniques, with four kilometres lit for night skiing.
Hours & Dates Of Operation
- Opening Date 2016/17 Season: December 14th, 2016
- Closing Date 2016/17 Season: March 26th, 2017*
- Daily Hours of Operation: 8am - 8pm
* Please note all dates, hours and trail availability are snow and weather dependent and subject to change
Lost Lake Park is located a short walk from the Village, Day Lot 4 and 5 and can be accessed with the free Village Shuttle at the Day Lot 4 drop off.
Tickets, Programs and Rentals
Ticket and pass pricing are available at Tickets, Programs and Rentals. 50% Monday and Thursday nights are on now until the end of the season. Extra Early Bird Season Pass rates are only available from September 19th - October 10th. Passes can be purchased in person at Meadow Park Sports Centre or over the phone (604.935.PLAY).
Bonuses for 2016/2017 Passholders
All 2016/2017 Lost Lake Passholders will receive the following perks to be used by the end of the 2016/2017 season:
- One free voucher for a day ticket with the purchase of a 2016/2017 Seasons Pass (equal to the type of pass and age category purchased)
- Free cookie voucher for The Connection Cafe
- 25% off regular day tickets to Manning Park Nordic Ski Area
- 20% off day tickets to Dakota Ridge Ski Area (Sunshine Coast)
Dual Area Passes
Dual Area Passes will include the perks program for both Nordic Ski Areas. The following perks to be used during the 2016/2017 season include:
- One free voucher for a day ticket to Lost Lake Cross Country Trails (equal to the age category purchased)
- 25% off Nordic day tickets at Manning Park Resort
- 20% off day tickets to Dakota Ridge Recreation Area (Sunshine Coast)
- Free cookie voucher for The Connection Cafe
- 1 x Free Ski Rental at Rainbow Rentals
- 1 x Complimentary Ski Callaghan "bring a friend" admission
- Free access to WOP during 2017 Summer regular operating hours
- 1 Free rental package for a child (12 & under) at Access Callaghan Shop
- 15% off Retail Ski packages from Access Callaghan
- 15% off selected merchandise at Access Callaghan
- 10% off all retail merchandise at Totem Trading Post
- 1 free coffee and muffin at Journeyman’s Lodge (pick up voucher at Adventure Desk)
- 20% off Swix wax at Access Callaghan
- 25% off gloves at Access Callaghan
70-Day Ski Assurance
- Beginner – Lost Lake Loop (4 km), Snowshoe Trails (10 km), Nicklaus North Golf Course (4 km)
- Intermediate – Lost Lake Trails (8 km)
- Intermediate/Advanced – Chateau Golf Course (8 km)
Lost Lake PassivHaus
Operated by Cross Country Connections, the Lost Lake PassivHaus is located at the trailhead of Lost Lake Park. The day lodge is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and includes:
- A café offering coffees, smoothies, cookies, wraps, gelato and more.
- Accessible washrooms.
- Cross Country ski and snowshoe rentals and lessons.
- Seating and a meeting space, which can be booked for events
- Offices for the Whistler Nordics and Whistler Offroad Cycling Association (WORCA).
A Passive House is a building that uses up to 90 per cent less energy than a traditionally build house without active heating or cooling systems. During the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter games, the building was the Austria Haus – home to the Austrian Olympic Committee and Austrian Public Broadcasting. After the 2010 Games, the RMOW completed site and servicing work, and the building was transferred to the RMOW and renamed Lost Lake PassivHaus.
Dogs are prohibited in Lost Lake Park during winter nordic operations, but are but are permitted on the free multi-use trails during th winter months. RMOW’s dog regulations apply.
Cross Country Skiing on the Valley Trail
Approximately eight kilometres of the Valley Trail from Rainbow Park to Meadow Park are groomed for cross country skiing, snowshoeing and dogs on a leash are also permitted. There is no trail fee and the trails are groomed approximately every three days.
Additional sections of the Valley Trail that are groomed for multi-use including cross country skiing include:
- From Fitzsimmons Trail to PassivHaus
- Riverside Campground dyke at Mons Road along Green Lake at Nicklaus North to Alpine Way
604-935-PLAY(7529) for pass sales, daily trail updates and conditions
Cross Country Connection