The two largest risks to Whistler’s primary water source—the 21 Mile Creek watershed—are recreational activities and wildfire.
To help protect Whistler’s water supply, forests and livelihood, please:
- Respect any trail closures.
- Check the current fire danger rating.
- Respect any restrictions, including campfire bans.
- In areas where campfires are permitted, ensure that they are fully extinguished with sand and water before you leave.
- Dispose of matches and cigarette butts safely.
Report fires in Whistler by dialling 911. Outside of Whistler 1-800-663-5555 or dial *5555 on your cell phone.
Learn more about wildfire protection and current fire danger rating at whistler.ca/fire.