Whistler is known for the commitment and enthusiasm of its volunteers.
Village Host Program: Proudly Celebrating 10 Years of Community Volunteerism
The Resort Municipality of Whistler’s Village Host program is a great way to volunteer. This year Village Host is proud to be celebrating 10 years of assisting and sharing smiles with visitors from around the world. Village Hosts are invaluable to the visitor experience in Whistler and provide guidance, direction and genuinely kind assistance. Volunteering as a Village Host is a rewarding way to enrich your life and a great way to give back to the community. It's also a fun way to make new friends in Whistler.
Village Hosts assist visitors by:
- Providing way finding assistance
- Offering general Whistler and historical information
- Sharing options for visitor participation in arts, culture, and sporting events available in our community
- Promoting community events and performances
- Informing visitors about Whistler’s 2010 Winter Games Legacies
- Demonstrating community pride and enthusiasm
- Sharing the spirit of the Whistler community with visitors
- Participating in building a skilled and active community volunteer base
Bike Host Program Introduced This Summer
In addition to the 10 year milestone, the Village Host program also successfully launched the new Bike Host program this year. Through the program, volunteers assisted visitors on the trails and in the parks, using bikes to get around. The program was based on a pilot that ran last summer, and ran from June 24 to September 5 on various week days and weekends. The program was a great success and check back in the spring to volunteer with the Bike Host program.
Committees of Council
Citizens can volunteer on Committees of Council to share their local knowledge, expertise and experience.
Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community, help others in need, discover new career paths, learn skills, and make friends.