The Zero Waste Committee is a Select Committee of Council.
The panel provides professional advice to municipal staff and Council on matters relating to:
- Sharing understanding of the solid waste management systems in Whistler and around B.C.
- Advising Council on matters related to waste management best practices
- Developing partnership to coordinate actions for achieving waste reduction in the community
- Developing a community-wide Zero Waste Plan identifying initiatives to bring Whistler towards a zero waste designation
Chair: Cathy Jewett, Councillor
- Arthur De Jong, Councillor
- Andrew Tucker, RMOW
- Marie-Lou LeBlanc, SLRD
- Allana Williams, Whistler Blackcomb
- Kerren Bottay, Restaurant Association of Whistler
- Tom McColm, Canadian Home Builders Association
- Lori Pyne, Whistler Community Services Society
- Claire Ruddy, AWARE
- Cheeying Ho, Whistler Centre for Sustainability
- Anita Auer, Crystal Lodge
- Sue Maxwell, Citizen at Large
Every three months, as required, in Flute Room at Municipal Hall.