The 2021 Community Enrichment Program (CEP) application period is now closed. All grant recipients must submit a Grant Reporting Form by December 1, 2021.
Each year, the Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) financially supports local not-for-profit organizations or societies that benefit the resort municipality and move the community closer to its Vision through the Community Enrichment Program (CEP) and Fee for Service agreements.
To qualify for a grant through the CEP, applicants must operate in one of the following categories: Environment, Social Service, Community Service, Recreation and Sport, or Arts and Culture.
The amount provided to each selected organization varies but can only be up to 50 per cent of a program's total cost.
Funding will be evaluated by Council in accordance with Council Policy A-7 Community Enrichment Program and funding must contribute to the general interest and advantage of the Whistler Community.
All organizations that received funds this year will be expected to submit a completed CEP Grant Reporting Form with the required supporting documentation to the Legislative Services Department by December 1, 2021.
Friday April 30, 2021
CEP funds have been issued.
Wednesday December 1, 2021
Deadline for receiving CEP Grant Reporting Forms from all 2021 recipients.
Thursday December 16, 2021
2021 CEP Grant Reporting Forms are published in the Regular Council meeting package.
Tuesday December 21, 2021
Presentations to Council at the Regular Council meeting by organizations who received $10,000.00 or more.
For more information, view the 2020 CEP Reporting Forms as published in the Regular Council package of December 15, 2020.
Council may provide Community Enrichment funding to any not-for-profit organization or society pursuant to Section 8 of the Community Charter.
Grants are issued on an annual basis and are subject to the availability of funds in the RMOW's current year's budget. Approval of a funding application in any year does not imply or suggest that approval will be received in subsequent years.
Council has allocated the grant funding for the annual Community Enrichment Program for the 2021 year as follows:
- Association of Whistler Area Residents for the Environment $3,000
- Whistler Naturalists Society $3,000
- Community Foundation of Whistler $3,000
- Howe Sound Women's Centre Society - Prevention, Education, Advocacy, Counselling and Empowerment $8,000
- Howe Sound Women’s Centre – Whistler Women’s Centre – Drop-In $13,000
- Pathways Serious Mental Illness Society $6,000
- Sea to Sky Community Services Society - Better At Home $4,500
- Sea to Sky Community Services Society – Whistler Parent-Tot $5,000
- Whistler Community Services Society - Counselling Assistance Program $14,000
- Whistler Institute of Learning Society $5,000
- Whistler Mature Action Community $2,000
- Whistler Multicultural Society – Multicultural Community Kitchen $5,000
- Whistler Multicultural Society – Resilience BC Anti-Racism Network $4,000
- Whistler Waldorf School Society $2,000
- Zero Ceiling Society of Canada $8,000
- BC Luge Association $2,000
- Sea to Sky Nordics $4,000
- Whistler Adaptive Sports Program $7,000
- Whistler Blackcomb Freestyle Ski Club $1,600
- Whistler Disc Golf Club $1,000
- Whistler Gymnastics Club $3,000
- Whistler Minor Hockey Association $1,750
- Whistler Mountain Ski Club $4,000
- Whistler Nordics Ski Club $3,500
- Whistler Sailing Association $4,000
- Whistler Sea Wolves Swim Club $3,000
- Whistler Skating Club $4,350
- Whistler Slo Pitch Association $5,000
- Whistler Sport Legacies Society $4,100
- Whistler Youth Soccer Club $6,000
- Point Artist-Run Centre Society $4,000
- The Whistler Writing Society $2,500
- Whistler Singers $1,500
- Whistler Valley Quilters' Guild Society $2,000
Legislative Services Department
Community Enrichment Program