The 2018 Community Enrichment Program Application period is now closed
Each year, the Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) financially supports local not-for-profit organizations or societies that benefit the resort municipality and move it closer to the Whistler2020 vision through the Community Enrichment Program (CEP) and Fee for Service agreements.
To qualify for a grant through the CEP, applicants must operate in one of the following categories: Environment, Social Service, Community Service, Recreation and Sport, or Arts and Culture.
The amount provided to each selected organization varies but can only be up to 50 per cent of a program's total cost.
Funding will be evaluated by Council in accordance with Council Policy A-7 Community Enrichment Program and funding must contribute to the general interest and advantage of the Whistler community.
Organizations applying for 2018 CEP funding will be required to make a presentation to Council on Tuesday, March 6, 2018.
Organizations will be expected to submit a completed CEP Grant Reporting Form to the Legislative Services Department by December 1, 2018.
Important Dates for the 2018 Community Enrichment Program
|Thursday, January 25, 2018||CEP application period opens.|
|Thursday, February 15, 2018||CEP application period closes at 4 p.m.|
|Tuesday, March 6, 2018||CEP applicants make required presentations to Council at the Committee of the Whole meeting.|
|Tuesday, April 10, 2018||Council approves and announces the 2018 CEP funding to be awarded at the Regular Council Meeting.|
|Monday, April 30, 2018||CEP funds are issued by the end of April 2018.|
|Saturday, December 1, 2018||Deadline for receiving CEP Grant Reporting Forms from all 2018 recipients.|
|Tuesday, December 18, 2018||Presentations to Council at the Regular Council meeting by organizations who received $10,000.00 or more.|
|Tuesday, December 18, 2018||2018 CEP Grant Reporting Forms are published in the Regular Council meeting package.|
Twenty-nine organizations were awarded funding to a total of $136,200.
- Association of Whistler Area Residents for the Environment (AWARE) - Sea to Sky Climate Change Symposium: $4,000
- Association of Whistler Area Residents for the Environment (AWARE) - Zero Waste: $6,000
- Whistler Naturalists Society: $10,000
- Pathways Serious Mental Illness Society (formerly North Shore Schizophrenia Society): $3,700
- Sea to Sky Community Services Society (SSCS) - Communities that Care: $2,500
- Community Foundation of Whistler: $2,500
- Sea to Sky Community Services Society (SSCS) - Whistler Parent-Tot Program: $10,000
- Sea to Sky Community Services Society (SSCS) - Whistler Multicultural Network: $5,000
- Howe Sound Women's Centre Society (HSWC) - Whistler Women's Centre - Drop In: $12,000
- Howe Sound Women's Centre Society (HSWC) - Prevention, Education, Advocacy, Councelling and Empowerment: $8,000
- Whistler Waldorf School Society: $3,000
- Zero Ceiling Society of Canada: $4,000
- Whistler Centre for Sustainability - Resilient Streets: $4,000
- Whistler Adaptive Sports Program: $8,000
- BC Luge Association: $3,000
- Whistler BMX Club: $3,000
- Oros Whistler Gymnastics Centre (Whistler Gymnastics Club): $6,250
- Whistler Mountain Ski Club: $2,125
- Whistler Nordics Ski Club: $5,000
- Whistler Blackcomb Freestyle Ski Club: $1,750
- Whistler Sailing Association: $5,650
- Whistler Sea Wolves Swim Club: $1,875
- Whistler Skating Club: $3,000
- Whistler Youth Soccer Club: $8,000
- Whistler Writing Society (The Vicious Circle): $3,000
- The Point Artist-Run Centre Society: $4,500
- Whistler Singers: $2,350
- Whistler Valley Quilters' Guild Society: $2,000
- Whistler Secondary School Scholarships: $2,000
For more information, view the 2018 CEP Applications as published in the Committee of the Whole Package of March 6, 2018.
Council may provide Community Enrichment funding to any not-for-profit organization or society pursuant to Section 8 of the Community Charter.
Grants are issued on an annual basis and are subject to the availability of funds in the RMOW's current year’s budget. Approval of a funding application in any year does not imply or suggest that approval will be received in subsequent years.
Legislative Services Department
Community Enrichment Program