The next general local government election is October 20, 2018.
Local government elections in British Columbia are held every four years. The current Council was elected in 2014, with a by-election taking place in 2017 for one position.
The 2018 election will be for all positions including Mayor and six Councillor positions.
For more information about election legislation, policies and general information see the informational links below:
- General Local Govenment Election Information
- General Election Information - Elections BC
- Local Government Act
- Community Charter
- School Act
RMOW Election Bylaws:
- Automated Voting Machines Authorization Bylaw No. 2188, 2018
- General Local Government Elections Bylaw No. 2189, 2018
- Mail Ballot Authorization and Procedure Bylaw No. 2190, 2018
There is also further information for: