The interment process includes the opening and closing of a columbarium niche, grounds personnel and administrative services.
Interments may be scheduled Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Each spot in the Columbarium Niche may hold the remains of one person.
Prior to any interment, the Resort Municipality of Whistler requires a minimum of two business days’ notice and delivery of the urn containing ashes.
What You Need
For the interment of cremated remains, you need to:
- Choose a niche in an available Columbaria (contact the Cemetery Administrator for the current plot plan)
- Pay the required fees
- Obtain a cemetery license
- Provide service date and time and make arrangements for the interment of the urn or delivery of ashes
- Obtain an interment permit
- Provide the wording for the engraving on the Columbarium Niche – this may be arranged after the interment.
Interment Permits will be issued by the Cemetery Administrator. The following information is required to complete the permit:
- A copy of the Death Certificate
- A copy of the Cremation Certificate
- A copy of the written authorization from the person who has the right to control disposition of the human remains (copy of document appointing executor)
- Date and time of interment
- Name of person officiating at the interment
- Approximate number of people to attend the interment
Deceased Persons Information:
- Name (full name including middle names and nicknames)
- Address at time of death
- Date and place of birth
- Date and place of death
Executor of Estate or Next of Kin Information:
- Full name (including middle names and nicknames)
- Relationship to deceased person
- Contact information (phone numbers, email address)
The executor or person who has the right to control the disposition of the deceased person will be required to sign the Interment Permit.
Due to the size of spots in the Columbaria Niches, there are limits to the size of urns interred in the spots. The outside dimension of urns must not be larger than the measurements listed below.
- 25 cm (10 in.) in length
- 25 cm (10 in.) in width
- 25 cm (10 in.) in height
Legislative & Privacy Coordinator