The interment process includes the opening and closing of a grave space, installation of a liner (if required), grounds personnel and administrative services.
Interments may be scheduled Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Each plot may hold the remains of one person.
What You Need
For the interment of cremated remains you need to:
- Choose a cremated remains burial plot, either in-ground or above ground in a Columbarium Niche or the Scattering Garden
- Pay the required fees (including the fee for a burial vault where the cremated remains orurn will be placed for in-ground burial)
- Obtain a cemetery license
- Provide service date and time and make arrangements for the interment of the urn or delivery of ashes
- Obtain an interment permit
- Provide a memorial marker that is the size and made of materials that are permitted for in-ground burials or provide the wording for the engraving on the Columbarium Niche or the Scattering Garden memorial rocks – this may be arranged after the interment.
The Cemetery Administrator will assist you with all of these steps, including issuing the cemetery licenses and interment permits.
Interment permits are issued by the Cemetery Administrator. You will need the following information to obtain a permit:
- A copy of the Death Certificate
- A copy of the written authorization from the person who has the right to control disposition of the human remains (copy of document appointing executor)
- Date and time of interment and graveside service
- Name of funeral home assisting with the delivery of a casket
- Name of person officiating at the interment
- Approximate number of people to attend the interment
- Name (full name including middle names and nicknames)
- Address at time of death
- Date and place of birth
- Date and place of death
- Full name (including middle names and nicknames)
- Relationship to deceased person
- Contact information (phone numbers, email address)
Urn Size Restrictions
Due to the size of plots within the cemetery, there are limits to the size of caskets and urns interred in the cemetery. The outside dimension of caskets and urns must not be larger than the measurements listed below:
- 25.4 cm (10 in.) in length
- 20.4 cm (8 in.) in width
- 20.4 cm (8 in.) in height