The Tribute Plaque Program is a wonderful way to pay tribute to a loved one or significant event.
Participating in the Program
- Choose either a bench or bike rack (fixture) on which to place a plaque.
- Review and identify a preferred site along the Valley Trail, in a RMOW park, or in the Village
- Submit a completed Application Form
- Candidate's site will be reviewed by the RMOW.
- The RMOW will have final approval of the wording on the plaque.
- Once a site and wording has been approved, complete an Agreement Form and provide payment.
- The RMOW will then purchase, deliver, install the plaque on the fixture, and maintain the site and corresponding fixtures as per the terms of the Program Agreement Form.
- The RMOW will notify the donor once the plaque has been installed.
- Tribute plaque on a bench is $3,000.
- Tribute plaque on a bike rack is $1,900.
- The RMOW reserves the right to amend costs.
Donors may add additional plaques at any time for $500 per plaque to a maximum of three plaques per bench or bike rack.
Within 30 days of full payment, the RMOW will issue a tax receipt for the donation amount minus the cost of the plaque.
Standard sized bench tribute plaques are cast bronze. Standard sized bike rack plaques are brass with black engraving.
- Park and Valley Trail sites: tribute plaque sites will be determined by the RMOW in consultation with the donor. Benches are made from low maintenance artificial wood product and bike racks are made from galvanized steel.
- Village sites: tribute plaque sites will be determined by the RMOW in consultation with the donor. Benches are the existing Village standard and are positioned seasonally. Bike racks are stainless steel and remain year-round.
The RMOW maintains ownership of the fixtures and sites and in consultation with the donor, retains the right to move or relocate them.