Last updated: July 9 (3:30 p.m.)
BC's Restart: A plan to bring us back together
BC's Restart is a careful, four-step plan to bring B.C. back together. Getting vaccinated is the most important tool supporting our restart.
We are in Step 3
The criteria for Step 3 is at least 70% of the 18+ population vaccinated with dose 1, along with low case counts and declining COVID-19 hospitalizations. In Step 3, all sectors will transition to using communicable disease prevention guidance from WorkSafeBC.
Council considered a motion at their Regular Meeting of Council on Tuesday, July 6, to rescind the RMOW’s corporate mask-wearing policy in our facilities and follow the province’s Step 3 guidelines on mask-wearing.
Starting Wednesday, July 7, RMOW facilities will recommend mask wearing in line with the province’s recommendations for indoor public settings for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated.
- You're fully vaccinated 14 days after dose 2
- Masks are optional for children aged 2 to 12
- Children under 2 should not wear masks
- Proof of vaccination does not need to be requested by service providers
- Some people may choose to continue to wear a mask after they're fully vaccinated and that's okay
Please follow all Public Health Orders and recommendations:
- Stay at least 2 metres (6 feet) from others in public. Give others space to keep their distance too.
- If you or anyone in your family feels sick stay home and get tested immediately