The RMOW has a comprehensive evacuation plan in place to ensure that everyone will be able to leave safely if an evacuation order is issued. However, for the plan to be effective the public needs to prepare now for an evacuation, and know what they will do if an evacuation order is issued.
Creating your own evacuation plan is the most important step you can take right now to keep yourself and your family safe during an evacuation.
Personalize your evacuation plan by answering the following questions:
1. Do you know what to do during an evacuation alert and an evacuation order?
2. Where do you find information during an emergency?
3. What is you evacuation zone called?
4. Do you have a proper emergency kit and family plan?
5. How will you leave Whistler? Where will you go?
6. Do you have a plan for your pet during an evacuation?
7. Do you require additional assistance to evacuate?
8. Save your plan