Visit the Whistler Public Library Website
Founded in 1986, the Whistler Public Library, also known as Whistler’s Living Room, is housed in an environmentally efficient, award-winning building in the heart of Whistler Village. Visit the library's website at whistlerlibrary.ca.
The library provides access to a collection of over 49,000 items, including a hand-picked selection of best-selling and classic fiction, current and diverse non-fiction materials, and a robust movie collection. The library also offers audiobooks, video games and a newsstand-quality selection of magazines. For the curious researcher, the library has over 25 online databases.
We are monitoring the situation with COVID-19 in BC and will continue to adapt services based upon recommendations from the provincial health authorities, our Board, and local government. The library may be different for the time being, but we want you to know we are looking forward to seeing you and helping to meet your library needs. Visit whistlerlibrary.ca/visit-us for full details about the services we're currently offering.
For the full line-up of virtual events being offered for all ages, visit whistlerlibrary.ca/events.
Current Library Hours:
- Monday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The library serves 700 to 800 visitors per day, including permanent and seasonal residents, as well as visitors from around the world.
- Whistler Public Library users check out over 184,692 items per year.
- The Whistler Public Library averages 19 per cent more cardholders than the permanent population of Whistler. This includes a significant number of resort guests, seasonal residents, and second homeowners, who are regular library users.
The library is governed by a Board of Trustees and funded primarily by the Resort Municipality of Whistler and the Public Library Services Branch of the B.C. Ministry of Education.
4329 Main Street