There are two types of Police Information Checks (PIC) in British Columbia:
For employment or volunteer services that do not involve children or vulnerable adults.
- It will be limited to criminal convictions, outstanding criminal charges and warrants and other judicial orders.
- It can be used for employment outside of Canada.
For employment or volunteer services that do involve children or vulnerable adults.
It will include:
- criminal convictions, outstanding criminal charges and warrants, and other judicial orders
- non-convictions and files in which you were a bona fide suspect in a founded substantiated offence
It will not include unsubstantiated allegations.
For employment outside of Canada, see "Can an organization outside Canada request a vulnerable sector check?" on CCRTIS FAQ page.
Applying for a PIC or PIC-VS
You cannot apply for a PIC-VS when you are outside of Canada.
To apply for a PIC or PIC-VS:
- Contact Whistler RCMP
- Bring two pieces of government-issued ID, one with a photo.
Whistler RCMP offers electronic fingerprinting services. Please call during office hours to book your appointment.
You will be required to bring with you two pieces identification;
- photo government issued identification, and
- government issued identification that contains your name and date of birth
Municipal and federal fees may apply.
Whistler RCMP Detachment
4315 Blackcomb Way