Gateway Loop Roof Completion
The Gateway Loop is open. Outstanding work to complete the roof structure will continue through September until the project is complete. The structure will be open throughout this final stage of work.
- Bus pick-up and drop-off has moved to the bus bays in the inner loop
- Taxi operations have returned to the outer loop.
Bus Parking/Staging Options
- Full size bus (35+ seats) parking is permitted in the designated Bus Parking Area. Day Lot 4 . The rate is $5 per hour to a maximum of $25 per day.
- Commercial bus parking
- Alternative free parking is available along the west side of Mons Road or in the third and fourth parking lots at Spruce Grove Park (permitted areas for bus parking will be signed).
Located behind the Village Square and between Gateway Drive and Village Gate Boulevard, the Gateway Loop is where you can find the Whistler Visitor Centre and it is the main transportation hub for Whistler's taxis and private bus services. A redesign of the site began in 2014 and was based on community input with the goal of providing visitors with a smooth introduction to Whistler while increasing the functionality of the Gateway Loop for buses, taxis personal vehicles and pedestrians.
The new Gateway Loop design was selected with public and stakeholder input and based on the following criteria:
- Substantially improve the arrival experience, capacity and usability of this area by bus and taxi users.
- Improve the connection and integration of this area to prominent adjacent Village access points.
- Improve the sense of arrival to Whistler for all visitors travelling along Village Gate Boulevard.
- Support improved pedestrian and vehicle flows in this key arrival and departure area.