Parking in Day Lot 5 is open for parking. Phase two work will continue until October 2018.
The upgrades to parking Lot 5 will be completed in two phases.
Phase One (complete)
The first phase of the upgrade project was completed in the fall of 2017 and included:
- regrading the gravel surface to a required design elevation;
- widening the entrance and delineators between the north and south end during winter months; and
- improving environmental protection from parking lot contaminants with the use of newer technology.
Phase Two (ongoing)
The second phase of the project is planned for April to October 2018 and will include:
- storm water infrastructure installation; (complete)
- paving (South side Lot 5); (complete)
- gravel finish (North side Lot 5); (complete)
- street lighting; (complete)
- line painting and an improved parking layout (complete);
- paving of the Valley Trail on the east side of Lot 5; (complete)
- a new storage shed for the day lot maintenance crew use; and (ongoing)
- landscaping around the perimeter and entrances of Lot 5. (estimated completion is the end of October)
The completion of the project will result in a parking lot with the following features:
- improved driving surface;
- lower maintenance costs;
- more efficient parking layout;
- improved lighting for security; and
- additional environmental protection with improved stormwater filtration and management.
Additional parking options and information can we found at whistler.ca/parking.