Summer festivals and events bring Whistler to life. Occasionally parking is impacted for the operational needs of special events. IRONMAN Canada, Crankworx, and GranFondo Whistler require special parking considerations.
The best way to ensure access to Whistler and to an event is to know how parking will be affected before the day arrives. Plan ahead for the following special events in 2019:
Thinkbike Whistler: Friday, June 7 to Sunday, June 9
- A portion of Day Lot 2 will be closed during Thinkbike along the berm closest to Day Lot 1.
Canada Day: Monday, July 1
Canada Day is a busy weekend in Whistler. Parking fills up quickly.
- Portion of Day Lot 3 will be used as a staging area for parade participants from 7 am until noon.
Subaru IRONMAN Canada: Thursday, July 25 to Sunday, July 28
Expect parking to be limited throughout Whistler and to fill up quickly during Subaru IRONMAN Canada. If you plan to drive within Whistler on event day, please note:
- Day Lot 4 will be partially closed Thursday, July 25 and Friday, July 26.
- Day Lot 4 will be completely closed to vehicles Saturday, July 27 and Sunday, July 28.
- Parking at Rainbow Park will be closed Saturday, July 27 and Sunday, July 28.
Crankworx: Friday, August 9 to Sunday, August 18
- During Crankworx Whistler, Day Lot 2 will be closed for event activities.
RBC GranFondo: Friday, September 6 to Saturday, September 7
- During the RBC GranFondo Whistler Village may be accessed by Lorimer Road. Pay parking is available in Day Lots 1, 2, 3 and 5.
- Day Lot 4 will be closed to vehicles on Friday, September 6 and Saturday, September 7.
- Buses and coaches: Day Lot 4 will be closed to bus parking on Friday, September 6 and Saturday, September 7. Buses and coaches, please proceed to Mons Road or Day Lot 6 for available parking options.
Interested in hosting a new event in Whistler?
Find out more about submitting an event production application. Reserved parking cannot be accommodated for new events in Whistler at this time. Here is a list of available public parking locations:
- Parking is free on the top level of Whistler Conference Centre (WCC) until 10 a.m. and after 7 p.m. (No overnight for snow clearing)
- $15 daily rate parking in the Conference Centre Underground level 1-3 is available on a first come, first serve basis.
- View other daily and monthly parking rates information
- Most hotels and private parking lots offer overnight parking; rates vary.