In Whistler subdivisions, parking is not permitted on the odd side of the street (unless otherwised signed) any time during the year.
Winter Parking Regulations
Whistler's Winter Parking Regulations are in effect from November 1 to March 31 to help keep roads and parking lots cleared:
- No even side parking Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (excluding holidays)
- No odd side parking any time during the year
- No overnight parking in Day Lots in the winter to allow for snow clearing
Please note that the RMOW does not govern, maintain or provide snow removal for strata properties, private roads and Highway 99.
Parking is not permitted 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays
- The parking bylaw sets out parking criteria to create a consistent environment that balances community needs while allowing for municipal snow removal operations.
- The majority (75%) of municipal snow removal operations - happens during the daytime hours (with cars removed during the day, snowplows can undertake their duties).
- The majority of residents work or ski during the day – moving vehicles during the daytime hours coincides with the majority of peoples routines and municipal operations.
- On-street parking is most desirable in the overnight hours.
Daytime parking is permitted on the weekends
- The RMOW recognizes the influx of visitation and second homeowners on the weekends. Increased visitation creates an increase in the number of vehicles, resulting in an increased demand for on-street parking.
- The RMOW has acknowledged the weekend demand and has relaxed the restrictions accordingly.