- Cash fare is $2.50 for routes 6, 7, 10, 20, 20X, 21, 25, 30, 31 and 32.
- The Village Shuttle Routes 4, 5 and 8 are free (compliments of the Resort Municipality Initiative (RMI) fund).
- Effective September 1, 2021, the Whistler Transit System Family Travel program has become the provincial Kids Ride Free program
Ways to pay for transit:
Please have the correct fare ready before you enter the bus. If you have a bus ticket, have it out and ready. To pay your fare, place coins into the funnel on the top left of the fare box. To pay using a bill, place it in the scanner and allow it to move through. Note, the fare box will not give change.
Whistler offers many ways to save by pre-purchasing fares or if you are a senior or a youth.
- DAYPass: A DayPASS offers a discount for unlimited travel throughout the day. To pay using a DayPASS, show the front of the pass to the driver. You should have your specific travel day scratched off ahead of time.
- 10 Tickets: Each ticket allows one person to use transit. When you purchase a package of 10 tickets, you often receive a discount. Using tickets also has the advantage of not requiring you to carry exact change on the bus.There is a further discount offered for seniors/youth.
- Seasons Passes: For frequent transit users, Monthly, 6 Month and 12 Month Passes will offer a significant savings over paying cash fares. Since July 1, 2017, these passes are partially subsidized to further reduce their cost as part of the Whistler Transportation Action Plan funded by parking fees from Day Lots 1-5, courtesy of Whistler Blackcomb and the Resort Municipality of Whistler. There is a further discount offered for seniors/youth.
GRADPass & Whistler Highschool Bus Pass
As of 2020, the RMOW replaced the GradPASS program with the annual Whistler Highschool Bus Pass. The Highschool Bus Pass is administered through the Whistler Highschools at the start of the school year and is offered to students for free compliments of the Community Transportation Initiative funded through user pay parking in Day Lots 1-5. Learn more.
Whistler Experience Spirit Pass
The Resort Municipality of Whistler, Whistler Blackcomb and the Chamber of Commerce have partnered to offer Whistler Experience® participants 1-month, 6-month, and 12-month Spirit Transit Passes as part of the Whistler Transportation Action Plan. With your valid Whistler Experience number, a 1-month Spirit Transit Pass is $25, a 6-month Spirit Transit Pass is $220, and a 12-month Spirit Transit Pass is $410. That’s 50 per cent off for one-month pass. One and half months free with a 6-month pass, or 25 per cent savings over buying monthly passes, and almost four months free with a 12-month pass or a 30 per cent savings over buying a monthly pass! Find out how to buy a pass.
BC Bus Pass
The British Columbia provincial government offers a universal bus pass for low-income seniors and persons with disabilities, providing unlimited access on any scheduled BC Transit bus. Learn more about the BC Bus Pass.
- Resort Municipality of Whistler Municipal Hall, 4325 Blackcomb Way: All tickets and passes available
- Meadow Park Sports Centre, 8625 Highway 99: All products available excluding 6 month and 12 month passes
- Whistler Visitors Centre, 4230 Gateway Drive: All products available excluding 6 month and 12 month passes
- The Grocery Store, 4211 Village Square: Adult monthly passes and Adult 10 ride tickets available
- Nesters Market, 7015 Nesters Road: All products available excluding Day, 6-month and 12-month passes
- Creekside Market, 2071 Lake Placid Road: All products available excluding Day, 6-month and 12-month passes
- HI-Whistler, 1035 Legacy Way: Adult Day, Adult monthly pass and Adult 10-ride tickets available