The RMOW's Waste Transfer Station is located in the Callaghan Valley and operated on a contractual basis by Green For Life (GFL), formerly Carney’s Waste Systems.
Commercial and residential waste that cannot be accommodated at the Nesters and Function Junction residential waste depots must be delivered to the Whistler Waste Transfer station, including:
- Commercial garbage, organics and recyclable materials
- Residential garbage, organics and recyclable materials from stratas with 12 or more units
- Commercial landscaping and wood waste
- Commercial construction waste
- Large household items (such as mattresses, tires and large appliances)
Hazardous waste, asbestos drywall, electronics and medications are not accepted at the Whistler Waste Transfer Station. Please use the Waste Wizard to find a disposal location for these items.
100 Brandywine Forest Service Road in the Callaghan Valley (approximately 15 km south of Whistler off Highway 99)
Hours of operation
9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. daily.
The Whistler Waste Transfer Station is busiest from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. and from 3:30 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. If possible, please time your visit outside of these hours to decrease wait times.
Accepted materials and fees
There is a minimum charge of $5 per vehicle disposing of materials at the Waste Transfer Station with the exception of any material or item indicated as free.
Tip material must be under 2.5 m in length.