The Communications Department is responsible for tracking and facilitating all media inquiries.
Contact the Communications Department for media inquiries including:
- Requests for interviews
- Requests for background information
- Requests for images or b-roll
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Fibre Optic Network
One of the legacies of the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games was 286 kilometres of fibre optic cable from Vancouver to Whistler, and additional fibre cable in Whistler Village.
This cabling allows instant transmission of high definition (HD) signals to any location at any time. Broadcasters can tape live broadcasts from 14 different locations (including Village Square, Skiers Plaza, and Whistler Olympic Plaza) directly to their studios without the need for a satellite truck.
The RMOW manages the various locations where fibre-optic feeds are available.
- The broadcaster is responsible for making arrangements with Bell to reserve the facilities from Whistler to Vancouver or another destination; and
- The RMOW handles the connection in Whistler.
- Broadcasters can either request one feed at a time from Whistler or the installation of additional simultaneous feeds.
Information Technology Department