Fall Yard Waste Drop-off Program
The Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) is hosting its free Fall Yard Waste Drop-off Program from October 6 to 8. Together, let’s create FireSmart neighborhoods while composting valuable organic yard debris and protecting Whistler’s air quality.
Drop off vegetation and wood debris from around your home:
When: Saturday, October 6 to Monday, October 8 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Where: Nesters Compactor Site ONLY - 8001 Nester’s Road
Carney’s staff and volunteers will be on site to assist and monitor yard waste and invasive plant species drop-offs. Look for the 2 separate bins marked YARD WASTE ONLY and INVASIVE SPECIES ONLY
We will accept:
- Grass, leaves, small twigs, hedge trimmings, branches, trunks, lumber
- Yard waste can have minimal dirt & sand, but NO rocks
- Invasive plants to go in bin marked INVASIVE SPECIES ONLY
- NO wood with paint, nails, screws, glue, stain, or chemical treatment
- NO cedar
- NO plastic bags or garbage
Questions about yard waste, FireSmart, invasive species or air quality? Please contact the RMOW's Environmental Coordinator Nicolette Richer at 604-935-8198 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for more information on garbage, composting and recycling in Whistler.