To get married in British Columbia you are required to have a marriage license.
Marriage License Requirements:
To get married in British Columbia you are required to have a marriage license, which you can purchase at Whistler Municipal Hall, 4325 Blackcomb Way during regular office hours, Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The application process and preparation of the formal license takes approximately 20 minutes. To simplify your application process, please consider the following before coming in to apply for your marriage license:
- The cost of the marriage license is $100 payable in Canadian funds. Payment is due at the time of application and can be cash, AMEX, MasterCard, Visa or Interac. We accept US funds at the exchange rate set by Tourism Whistler.
- The marriage license is effective on the day it is issued and is good for 90 days; no waiting period or blood tests required.
- Application must be made in person by the bride, bridegroom or partner.
- Both applicants must be 19 years of age or older.
- If either of the applicants is divorced, the divorce must be final for 31 days. It is necessary to show your divorce papers or the Special Court Decree if it is less than 31 days.
- If you are a British Columbia resident with a Health Care Card, you will need your card number to complete the application.
- Applicants will be asked to show picture identification (passport, driver's license, birth certificate)
Contacts for Marriage Commissioners and Clergy:
For a list of marriage commissioners in the Whistler region, visit the BC Vital Statistics Agency here.
|Our Lady of the Mountains (Catholic Church)
6299 Lorimer Road, Whistler, BC, V0N 1B6
|Whistler Village Church (Multi Denominational)
4335 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, BC V0N 1B4
Rachael Lythe, Wedding Coordinator
|Whistler Community Church (Mennonite Brethren)
|Pastor Neil Klassen (Mennonite)
|St. David's United Church