The Whistler Fire Rescue Service is dedicated to promoting fire and life safety throughout the resort community as well as effectively mitigating problems when they occur.
EXTREME Fire Danger Rating as of Sunday, August 17, 2014
- No fires allowed, BBQ restrictions. Click here for details.
- Effective Wednesday, August 20, 2014, high-risk construction activity in interface areas shall cease. Click here for details.
- The fire danger rating is posted on the BC Wildfire website: Whistler is ‘Blackcomb Base’. Please note that the forecast data is highlighted in blue, and the actual data is usually posted mid-afternoon. The actual data may or may not confirm the forecasted data.
Coastal Fire Centre has rescinded the campfire ban as of Wednesday, August 28, 2014
While a campfire ban remains in effect within the Whistler Fire Rescue Service boundary due to EXTREME fire danger ratings, Coastal Fire Centre has rescinded the ban on campfires outside of municipal boundaries. Click here for more information.
Garden Debris Burn Permits
The new Fire Protection and Fireworks Bylaw No. 2046, 2014 was adopted by Council on April 15, 2014. One of the initiatives contained in the bylaw provides Whistler homeowners with the option to burn garden debris on their property from October 15th to October 31st. Please find out more about Garden Debris Burn Permits here.
Looking for a copy of the Fire Protection and Fireworks Bylaw, False Alarm Bylaw, MTI Bylaw, Fire Permits, Construction Regulations in Fire Season, or other regulations?
Fire Programs and Services
The Whistler Fire Rescue Service offers a variety of programs and services to the community, all intended to provide a high level of life and property safety.
This commitment is intended to minimize risk to residents and visitors and provides a safe environment for businesses to thrive in Whistler.
Fire Rescue Opportunities
Want to be part of an innovative, caring, committed, community minded team? The Whistler Fire Rescue Service strives to be a leader in the areas of prevention, education and fire rescue services.
Whistler Fire Halls
- Hall #1: 4315 Blackcomb Way, Whistler Village
- Hall #2: 8900 Highway 99
- Hall #3: 1505 Spring Creek Drive, Spring Creek
For emergencies, dial 911
Whistler Fire Rescue Service
315 Blackcomb Way, Second Floor
Office hours Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.