The Planning Department administers applications for various kinds of land use and development activities.
Planning Department staff can help you throughout the application process. We are available to explain our application requirements and procedures. We will also explain why additional information may be required during the review process.
The Planning Department administers several types of applications. These applications are processed consistently with established municipal procedures and legislated requirements.
You may download the Planning Department’s application forms. Once you complete the required application forms, you can deliver them by email, fax or in person at Municipal Hall. Forms cannot be submitted through the RMOW's website.
Application processing times vary from project to project. Processing times may be longer during the May to October building season when the Planning Department receives the highest volume of applications. Key factors that influence the speed of application processing are:
- The type, size and complexity of the project
- The number of applications in progress
- Your ability to provide complete information
You can help make the application process faster by:
- Starting the application process as soon as possible and preferably before the start of the building season
- Discussing the proposal with Planning Department staff before submitting an application
- Ensuring your application is complete with sufficient information
- Providing information in a timely manner
- Employing the support of architects, engineers, landscape architects, surveyors, professional engineers and qualified environmental professionals