Whistler Transit Future Action Plan
The Transit Future Action Plan upholds community goals and objectives contained in the RMOW Official Community Plan and works to strengthen the link between transportation and land use in support of sustainable growth. The Plan also serves to inform any future local or regional transportation plans.
The role of the Transit Future Action Plan is to:
- Build on the existing 2015 Sea to Sky Transit Future Plan (TFP) and add service and infrastructure priorities for the community
- Review what has changed for the community
- Inform both the planning and operational activities
- Drive a range of objectives and actions that will deliver a fit for purpose network across the community
- Guide decision making to procure and deliver the desired network
- Engage with the community
Transit Future Action Plan: Timeline and next steps
BC Transit and the Resort Municipality of Whistler have completed the public engagement portion of this plan. Thank you to everyone who took the time to provide us with feedback. View the feedback summary report.
The draft Whistler Transit Future Action Plan was presented to Council for information on September 21, 2021 with the proposed three year transit expansion plan.
- View a summary of the Whistler Transit System Proposed Three Year Expansion Plan and the Transit Future Action Plan and watch the staff presentation at the September 21, 2021 regular meeting of Council.
Next steps include incorporating public feedback into final service options into the final plan. Once the plan has been completed, it will be presented to RMOW Council, followed by integration into service planning.
Transit Service Expansion
The items in the Three Year Transit System Expansion Plan 2022/23-2024/25 are directly informed by Whistler Transit Future Action Plan. View a summary of the Whistler Transit System Proposed Three Year Expansion Plan and the Transit Future Action Plan and the staff presentation at the September 21, 2021 regular meeting of Council..
Regional Transit Initiative
A regional transit service is being pursued for the region stretching from Mount Currie to Metro Vancouver by local and First Nations governments in the area. Regional transit will help connect the communities and improve mobility and affordability, as well as reduce environmental impacts and traffic. Local sea to sky Elected Officials met the Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure at the 2021 UBCM convention in September 2021. To read a copy of the Sea to Sky Corridor Regional Transit Study Report prepared by BC Transit and the Sea to Sky Transit Future plan, see bctransit.com/seatosky
Transit is just one component of Whistler's transportation network. Whistler’s transportation system is integral to the livability and success of Whistler as a resort community. To make it easier for everyone – residents, employees and visitors – to get around Whistler, changes were needed to continually improve Whistler’s transportation system. Learn more about Whistler's transportation policies and research.