The Builder’s Information Package: A Guide To Building in Whistler is an excellent resource for those new to building in Whistler.
The Builder’s Information Package is a resource designed to assist in the preparation of a Building Permit application, and should be reviewed by home owners, designers, architects or contractors prior to beginning the Building Permit process in Whistler.
Reviewing this information package will give homeowners or contractors a general overview of the Building Permit process in Whistler, including the application process, the inspection process and the occupancy process.
The information covered in this package includes:
- Application and drawing requirements;
- Calculation of gross floor area and roof height;
- Various specifications for building in Whistler;
- Occupancy requirements; and
- Other considerations to be made while constructing in Whistler such as Business Licence requirements and other relevant bylaws.