Building and plumbing work in Whistler is regulated by Building and Plumbing Regulation Bylaw 1617.
Building and Plumbing Regulation Bylaw 1617 is a bylaw that controls the construction, alteration, repair or demolition of buildings and structures for the health, safety and protection of people and property.
The Building and Plumbing Regulation Bylaw applies to:
- the design, construction and occupancy of new buildings; and
- the alteration, reconstructions, demolition, removal, relocation and occupancy of existing buildings, structures and plumbing systems.
The bylaw also outlines what is necessary:
- prior to Building Permit issuance (required documents and signatures);
- during construction (required inspections); and
- prior to the issuance of an occupancy certificate (required documentation).