If you are conducting business in Whistler, you are required to hold a valid business licence. Business licences are renewed annually, and if you operate in more than one location, you need a licence for each location.Apply for a Business Licence
Renew business licences
(link is external)
Renew business licences through the Resort Municipality of Whistler’s Online Service. To apply for a new business licence or learn more about managing your business licence explore the links below.
Apply for Business Licence
To conduct business in Whistler you need a Whistler business licence. Depending on the type of business you will operate, you will need one of the following:
- Home-occupation business licence
- Non-resident business licence
- Commercial location business licence
- Temporary Use Permit (TUP) for a home-based artist studio
- Business licence application
Manage Your Business Licence
Pay your renewal fees, change your business name, or request a copy of your business licence.
Learn more about displaying your business licence and the bylaws related to obtaining a business licence in Whistler.
- Business licence fees
- Business licence display
- Related bylaws: Business Licence Bylaw, Business Regulation Bylaw, Zoning & Parking Bylaw, Parking & Traffic Bylaw, Noise Control Bylaw
- Park or facility rental contract if your proposed business will use a municipal park or facility
- BC Business Registry - OneStop
- Operating without a valid business licence