Whether you are looking for something fast-paced, intense, fun or mellow, the array of fitness classes on offer means there is something for everyone.
We want to hear from you!
Provide us with your group fitness class feedback and be entered for a chance to win a 10x Playtime Card to Meadow Park Sports Centre. Survey is open until March 15, 2021 and can be accessed through the following link:
Welcome back to the fitness studio
Select low-intensity fitness classes have resumed in-person* at Meadow Park Sports Centre. A combination of low-intensity and high-intensity classes remain available online. Scroll to the bottom of this page to see detailed class descriptions.
*Subject to any additional Provincial Health Order changes.
New requirements for in-person classes as per the Public Health Order:
- Maximum of 9 participants plus 1 instructor in the fitness studio
- Classes will be scheduled 30 minutes apart to ensure no overlap between different class participants.
- Class start times are staggered with the pool and weight room timeslot start times to alleviate congestion at the front desk area.
- Music volume must be kept low, at a talking level, so no one has to yell to be heard
- Each person must stay in their designated exercise space for the duration of the class
The following requirements remain the same:
- Equipment cannot be shared
- Hands must be sanitized before and after class. Sanitizer is provided at studio doors.
- Equipment must be wiped, with provided cloth and sanitizer, before and after each use
- Physical distancing (2.5 meters) must be maintained at all times during class and when entering and exiting the fitness studio.
Meadow Park Sports Centre mask policy
Reservations can be cancelled without penalty, up to 12-hours before the class by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 604-935-PLAY (7529).
**Please note that you cannot cancel bookings online**
Guest who no-show or cancel inside of 12 hours will be charged.
- Playtime Cards: A punch will be taken off of your pass (as if you had visited the facility)
- Active Member Passes: Annual and monthly pass holders will be charged a $6 cancellation fee (equivalent to 1 punch off a 30x card)
- Passes will be frozen until all fees are collected
- Guests who repeatedly no-show or cancel inside of 12 hours could lose their booking privileges and temporary access to the facility
Guests who cancel due to illness will not be charged a cancellation fee, but for precautionary reasons, all upcoming bookings will be cancelled, and your membership will be frozen for 14 days.
Book your group fitness class
- Class size is a maximum of 9 participants to allow for physical distancing
- Reservations are currently restricted to MPSC passholders; no stand-by or drop-in access.
- Your reservation includes access to the fitness class only. Change rooms and shower facilities remain closed. To utilize the gym, swim in the pool or attend public skate you must make a separate reservation.
- Sign up online for all classes at least 30 minutes prior to start time
- A ZOOM link will be sent to you via email 30 min prior to class start time.
- To sign up within 30 minutes of the class start time you will need to call 604-935-PLAY(7529) and you will receive the link upon registration.
- Select in-person classes may be streamed via ZOOM as well. Registration is required.
Book your spot in a class (in-person or on-line) up to 72 hours in advance:
Passholders who need to gain access to their online account can do so by calling 604-935-PLAY (7529) during operating hours or by emailing email@example.com.
Having trouble booking a class? Here is a step-by-step how to guide just in case.
Be prepared for your upcoming visit
Prior to entering the facility
- Arrive dressed in your workout clothes with your gym shoes in hand no more than 10 minutes prior to the start of your class
- Limited storage space will be available on-site, so please only bring necessary items
- Change rooms, shower facilities and lockers are not available
- Bring your own pre-filled water bottle
General Guidelines for use
- Stay home if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms
- Self-isolate after travel and after exposure to a confirmed COVID-19 case
- Sanitize your hand on entry
- Practice physical distancing of 2.5 meters or 8.2 feet at all times
- Follow the directional arrows and keep your distance
- Adhere to maximum capacities of guests permitted in each room at one time
- Do not enter any closed areas of the facility including the change rooms or showers
- Do not congregate in large groups
- Participants will need to agree to the verbal PAR-Q (in-person and on-line) and verbal COVID-19 questionnaire (in-person only) prior to each class
Prior to attending your class
- Do not congregate in the lobby. Access to the studio is one person at a time while maintaining the required 2.5 meters of physical distancing
- Follow the one-way directional arrows to get to your desired location; no loitering in the hallway
- Sanitize your hands on entry to the studio
- Each user will be given a bottle of sanitizer and a cloth to wipe down their mat and equipment both before and after use
During your class
- Individual workout spaces will be designated during your class. Stay within your workout space
- Sanitize your mat and equipment before and after use
- Washrooms are available in the squash lobby
- A water bottle fill station is available in the squash lobby
Exiting the fitness studio
- Please return the sanitizer bottle and deposit your used cloth at the studio exit door
- When exiting the studio, leave 1 person at a time and ensure the lobby is clear
See what classes are currently available.