Contactless registration continues this year, summer camp registration begins in April
Spring is just around the corner and the longer days mean more time to play. Select recreation programs and classes will be available for spring 2021 registration beginning Saturday, March 13 for Whistler residents, with summer camp registration beginning in April. Contactless registration will be available online and over the phone. There will be no in-person registration at Meadow Park Sports Centre this year.
Programming will continue to look different in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Only select programs, including some swimming lessons, early years’ programs and children’s programs, will be offered this spring. The recreation department continues to provide programming in alignment with the recommendations of the Provincial Health Office and associated recreation agency guidelines.
The traditional Spring/Summer Recreation Guide will not be produced this year; however, a modified spring 2021 recreation flat sheet, with summer camp information, is now available online. More information on summer offerings will be available as public health orders change.
Spring program registration
Resident registration begins online on Saturday, March 13, 2021 at 11 a.m. and on Sunday, March 14 at 9 a.m. by phone at 604-935-PLAY (7529).
Non-resident registration begins online on Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 11 a.m. and on Sunday, March 21 at 9 a.m. by phone at 604-935-PLAY (7529).
Popular programs often book up quickly. Plan ahead to ensure that your registration process is successful. Learn more at whistler.ca/Register.
Summer camp registration
Camp Action Adventure
Families looking to register for Camp Action Adventure (children 4-6 years of age) can email KOTG@whistler.ca starting on Monday, April 5, 2021 with their requested dates.
Camp Summer Sunsations and Breakout
Families with children who attended Kids on the Go (KOTG) or summer camps a minimum of 10 days from July 2019 to December 2020:
- Children will be prioritized by the total number of days they attended KOTG and summer camps from July 1, 2019 to December 31, 2020. Days where children were registered but cancelled and received a refund will not be included.
- Families are asked to send an email to KOTG@whistler.ca by Monday, April 5, 2021 with all of their requested dates for summer 2021. Emails will be accepted at any time until that date, but prioritized by the conditions above. Families that do not provide requested dates by 11:59 p.m. on April 5, 2021 will be required to register with new families.
- Siblings will be registered at the same time, and prioritized by the sibling with the most days registered.
Families not registered in Kids on the Go (KOTG) or summer camps a minimum of 10 days from July 2019 to December 2020:
- New and infrequent families will be able to register for a waitlist position in order to receive a call-back for program enrollment on Sunday, April 25 starting at 6 a.m. here.
- Prior to waitlist registration on April 25, families will need an active recreation account in Perfect Mind. Recreation account sign-up can be done by calling Meadow Park Sports Centre at 604-935-PLAY (7529) from Monday to Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- New families will be contacted by phone in order of waitlist position beginning at 6 a.m. on April 25 to register their children.
By implementing the priority system based on previous KOTG attendance, we feel confident there will be space for most of the children wanting to attend.
For more details about this summer’s camps and the registration process, please visit whistler.ca/SummerCamps.