The communications department supports the Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) by communicating the government’s diverse programs, services and initiatives to the community, and by facilitating opportunities for community engagement.
The communications department is responsible:
- News releases and community advisories
- Media relations
- Publication of Whistler Today and Council Briefs e-newsletters
- Developing and reviewing content for advertising, presentations, and publications
- Website whistler.ca) adminstration
- Corporate social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter),
- Corporate identity (including the use of corporate logos and graphic design standards)
Read the latest news releases and community advisories from the Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW) here.
Contact the communications department during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday) for any media inquiries, including:
- Requests for interviews
- Requests for visual assets
- Requests for background information
Council Communications Policy
The Council Communications Policy in the Council Governance Manual designates the Mayor, Chief Administrative Officer, and Public Information Officer (Manager, Communications) as the principal spokespersons for the municipality and outlines requirements for public consultation an participation.
Subscribe for updates
To subscribe for updates from the RMOW, type your email address into the subscribe box on the lower left side menu of this page and indicate which of the following you would like to receive:
- Community advisories
- Council Briefs e-newsletter
- News releases
- Whistler Today e-newsletter
Municipal staff regularly provide information to the public for routine requests (e.g. answering questions, providing meeting agendas or minutes, or directing community members to applications and information on the website). Information which is not routinely available to the public may be provided under some circumstances.
Under British Columbia’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA), members of the public have the right to request any record in the custody or control of the RMOW.
Read more about Freedom of Information (FOI) requests here.
The communications department administers whistler.ca, and individual departments update their own content. For specific department-related inquiries (e.g. Can you direct me to the Building Permit Application form?), please contact the department responsible or reception at 604-932-5535.
Report any general website issues to: email@example.com.
Corporate logo or graphics standards
Permission is required for third party use of the RMOW corporate logo. Please contact the communications department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For public materials being produced on behalf of the RMOW, please contact the communications department for the RMOW Graphic Standards Guide.
Contacting mayor and council
Click here for answers to frequently asked questions about contacting mayor and council, and presenting at council meetings.
Stay in touch with your local government
- Attend council meetings or watch council meetings online: whistler.ca/council
- Access historical council video, reports and meeting minutes: whistler.ca/council
- Find Whistler events at: whistler.ca/calendar
- Contact the RMOW: whistler.ca/contact
- Read news releases or community advisories from the RMOW: www.whistler.ca/media/news
- Subscribe for updates from the RMOW: whistler.ca/subscribe
- Find out how to contact mayor and council, how to present to council, and more: www.whistler.ca/municipal-gov/how-do-i