Sometimes a contractor is based outside of Whistler, but is performing work in Whistler. The contractor requires a non-resident business licence.
Some common non-resident businesses in Whistler are:
- consulting, or
- spa services.
Non-resident business licence applications get reviewed by the Bylaw Department to ensure they meet bylaw regulations.Apply for a Business Licence
The timeline for a non-resident application is approximately five business days.
All annual business licence fees have a minimum fee of $165 with the following additions:
- $28 per vending machine to a maximum of $420
- $10 per room of a hotel, inn, lodge, pension, chalet, villa, resort club or property management company
- $2 per person of occupant load for a restaurant
- $5 per person of occupant load for a bar, pub, lounge or cabaret
- $70 per ski lift for a ski operator
- $308 per bank or credit union